Senior Staff Accountant (Remote)
Senior Staff Accountant (Remote)
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Austin is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant who will perform a variety of day-to-day accounting functions including analytical reporting and special projects as assigned. The key focus will be supporting the Controller and Accounting Director in financial reporting while promoting a team environment across the organization, and exhibiting traits of dependability, independence, and effectiveness. This position will lead and support internal accounting functions across multiple offices.
**This is a remote flexible opportunity with option for hybrid in-office working capability. Our offices are currently open.**
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Meet with internal account teams for job analysis.
- Understand the work | Prepare monthly analysis files, prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and assist with quarter-end financial reporting.
- Maintain security | Maintains strictest level of security and confidentiality of all company and client records.
- Trust in the process | Supports accounting processes and procedures to uphold accurate accounting practices and reporting.
Who you are:
- Relationship-builder | Strong interpersonal skills to work with variety of people throughout company.
- Motivated | Able to work independently and has the drive and urgency critical for managing deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Detail-oriented | Keen attention to detail and accuracy of data.
- Agile | Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Multi-faceted | You have solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years general accounting experience
- Revenue Recognition experience
- SOX experience
- Large data variance analysis with explanations
- Cash reconciliation experience
- Financial reconciliations
- Budget and forecast analysis
- Solid technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Foreign currency conversation experience is a plus
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.