Senior Engagement Strategist (Health)
Senior Engagement Strategist (Health)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations, and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Senior Engagement Strategist (SES) in our New York office. The SES spearheads engagement strategy development for marketing initiatives across all digital/data/technology-driven programs designed to meet specific business objectives for a range of clients. The SES is highly versed in digital and integrated multi-channel marketing plan development. The SES demonstrates keen understanding of how to build strategies and plans to communicate with key customers and shows leadership skills to drive business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Support | Support team by collecting inputs into the analysis process with regards to client competitive positioning, messaging, KOL perspectives, and overall communication. Assemble and manage the agency’s growing library of strategic “best practices” examples as it relates to the agency’s disciplines. Assist in the building of agency relationships with syndicated research suppliers. Support the Strategy & Insights department with research techniques and clearly articulate business benefits, rationale, and intended use of research findings.
- Collaborate | Share important business trends with the Strategy & Insights team and develops strategy best practices as needed. Foster and promote a team working environment. Attend and/or participate in department overview meetings, mentor program, and in-house workshops when necessary. Collaborate with Strategy & Insights staff and other strategic partners on managing project tasks and proper budgeting paperwork.
- Research | Highlight research findings that may be needed for key insights, project points-of-view, marketing or learning plans, creative briefs or personas. Coordinate external research suppliers to ensure research projects achieve objectives within timeframe and budget. Develop an understanding of the process for selecting and managing research suppliers.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Take care of self and team. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years in the direct marketing field.
- Communicates an interest in marketing strategy and the motivation to learn about specific industries: e.g., pharmaceuticals, health care, retail, not-for-profit, high-tech, financial services.
- Good knowledge of online research techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet environments.
- Ability to prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors and staff members.
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation and consensus-building skills.
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to organize people, projects and information.
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance.
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership across departments in a team and matrix environment.
- Ability to exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.