VP, Associate Creative Director, Copy (Health)
VP, Associate Creative Director, Copy (Health)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an VP, Associate Creative Director, Copy in our NY office. The primary responsibility of the VP, ACD is to conceive (and at times execute) the development of all materials (copy and art) to ensure that creative concepts are strategically on-target and meet company standards of creative excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Supervise copywriters and art directors to ensure their work meets the objectives of the assignment and the standards of the Division and Wunderman Thompson Health. Assign and resource internal and external staff to projects. Manage copy and art staff administratively, i.e. perform reviews, approve vacations, etc. Nurture copy and art staff through mentoring and training.
- Create | Generate creative concepts and provide specific copy direction to execute those concepts to an HCP audience.
- Collaborate | Be front-and-center with account services counterpart on the execution and presentation of new business pitches. Successfully partner with division account teams as well as other agency departments such as Art, Project Management, Editorial, Production, and Studio. Foster relationships and provide assignments to other Wunderman Thompson Health divisions. Ensure that staff is aware of and utilizing the most future-forward tools and thinking to conceive and execute work.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Possess an innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Deep experience in oncology and other therapeutic categories.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to manage multiple accounts, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience effectively translating & presenting strategy to creative executions to clients and potential clients.
- At least 6 years of supervisory/management experience required, overseeing both Art and Copy preferred.
- Direct experience in broadcast, print, interactive, collateral and environmental advertising preferred.
- Experience in developing promotional content.
- Exceptional portfolio showing excellent use of creative and conceptual capabilities.
- Experience: At least 8 years’ experience as a copywriter (various seniority levels) required.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.