Copy Supervisor (Health)
Copy Supervisor (Health)
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Copy Supervisor with HCP experience for our NY office/Remote. The Copy Supervisor is the “keeper of the brand” to which they are assigned. They will be expected to own the brand and will be accountable for the success of the creative and possess extensive healthcare/HCP experience.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Provide meaningful contributions in the form of concepts/ideas to client projects, new business pitches, pro-bono, and in-house work. Partner with art counterpart. Embrace and follow creative criteria. Client contact - offer strategic and innovative solutions, add/contribute to client meetings, present creative work and attend med-legal review and market research. Read and interpret clinical data. Present creative in internal meetings.
- Manage | Manage a record of the history of the concepts/creative, market landscape of the brand, and client. Oversee the maintenance and strength of brand equity and evolving it in the marketplace. Apply a consistency and continuity of the brand across a variety of tactics in the concepting, execution, referencing, and annotating of promotional materials. Manage, mentor, inspire and coach junior staff.
- Collaborate | Partner with account services counterpart. Serve as the point person internally for new business pitches to which they are assigned. Liaise with the editorial team.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Possess an innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Experience with healthcare clients, with work targeted to Health Care Professionals.
- Experience: 4-6 years’ experience in Advertising or related field. Evidence of creative ability/talent (i.e. an exceptional portfolio of launched client projects)
- Demonstrated writing and concepting ability including the ability to write quickly (i.e. in a fast-paced environment).
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation, time management, leadership, and line management skills required.
- Ability to develop competitive communication strategies (e.g. “how to sell against competitors”).
- Comfort with or an educational focus in math or science required.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy and work self-directed/independently.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.