Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What will you be doing?
As Delivery Director, you will be the delivery subject matter expert at Wunderman Thompson for client engagement on Data and CRM programmes.
You will work on specific clients and have responsibility forecasting resource against quarterly Client scope and process/technology specific to the seamless running of those accounts, as well as partner the new business and data team in developing best in class technical solutions and process for potential clients.
You will also lead a team of project managers and provide guidance and escalation for live projects across the WT client portfolio.
The role, although predominantly leading Wunderman Thompson Data and CRM workstreams, will require an integrated approach and understanding of a full programme of ATL and BTL activity to ensure collaboration and alignment.
- Partner with the MD of WT Data COE, Chief Data Officer and Capability Leads (across Consulting & Data Strategy, Enablement, Research & Effectiveness, Analytics & Data Science and CRM) in defining and designing agency best practice and process to include
- Data led projects where data is the majority component
- Data integrated projects where data is a minority component
- Leadership and line management of a team of project managers (based in London and South Africa)
A core focus for this role is to improve the way we work amongst ourselves and across the network, this includes ensuring the Delivery team have the tools and training to
- Scope and estimate projects
- Deliver project and programmes on budget and on time
- Provide relevant project reporting
- Ensure resource is booked / release
- Support Client Leadership on delivering on targets
- C-Suite Client engagement on process and delivery matters (including pitch presentations)
- Ongoing assessment of risks and issues and implementing operational and organisational process improvements
- Provide delivery oversight on programs of activity ensuring the correct processes and checks are in place
- Approver of all SOW’s for full campaign deliverables, or Task Orders for smaller projects
- Providing leadership on all delivery and financial matters across the team
Who are you?
We are looking for a team player who will work closely with the Heads of Delivery & Data and Client Managing Partners with proven track record as a Programme Director operating at a senior level within Client environments.
- Industry experience
- Depth of experience in CRM end to end process including; Strategic development, audience insights, analytics, data planning, segmentation,
- solutions design, CRM operations, measurement and evaluation
- Operational experience across CRM solutions platforms eg: Adobe, Taxi for email, Salesforce.
- Seen as a transformational leader who can facilitate and drive change.
- Fluent in project management tools and agile/lean and waterfall methodologies (certification an advantage)
- Integrated understanding of the creative process, digital, print, and content production
- Manage client relationships on delivery and provide clear and well-structured communication
- Creating and owning agile creative development and production timelines and schedules
- Educate project and account teams on financial impact of decision-making
- Solution focused across delivery processes
- Develop team members through coaching, mentoring and career development.
- Experience of pitching, transitioning and on-boarding new accounts
- Has vision, inspiring future direction of account.
- Can see and articulate how an idea works against broader client, agency and industry context and ambition.
- Articulates compelling business cases and able to galvanise to deliver change management plans where necessary
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.