Senior Copywriter - CRM
Senior Copywriter - CRM
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are:
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data, and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles: we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking; we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture, and brand experiences; we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end.
Wunderman Thompson works with companies to bring world-class brands to consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, social and television broadcast media, and access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Copywriter (CRM Focus) for our NY office. The Senior Copywriter is a storyteller who works closely with art directors and strategists to conceive and create concepts for both traditional and digital channels. The creative team translates this idea through the written tone into a finished ad for digital and print media to meet our clients’ business objectives. Our creative teams strive to create award-winning work.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Provide hands on copywriting with creative leadership as well as vision and inspiration to creative staff. Own assigned projects and manage all aspects of the assignment, including creative work, budget, and presenting. Work with VP/Creative Director to manage Jr Creative team members, ensuring quality and accuracy on all creative products. Make recommendations to VP/Creative Director and other team members on how to improve process and product. Supervise, mentor, and train: Art Director, Jr Art Director, Copywriter, Jr Copywriter as well as interns.
- Create | Demonstrate creativity through efficiently conceptualizing, planning, producing, refining, and leading a diverse range of creative ideas and concepts. Work in a Copywriter capacity and performs the duties of the position when in this role. Present creative rationale during internal and client presentations. Drive the creative solution for new business pitches. Offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression.
- Collaborate | Communicate with Account Director(s) regarding business scopes, financials, schedules, and planning. Collaborate with creative leaders with interviewing, hiring, training and the evaluation of junior Creative staff.
Who you are:
- Leader | Entrepreneurial attitude. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Posses an Innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Prioritize, organize and multi-task effectively. exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance. Effectively solve marketing problems with creative solutions.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration. Accept constructive internal and client comments with regard to concepts and copy.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity. Provide guidance across departments in a team and matrix environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven or more years of art or copy experience in a direct/relationship marketing agency environment
- Demonstrated excellence of produced work
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Office, database, Internet environments and industry-standard software programs
- Understanding of both the art and copy side and the ability to evaluate both
- Specific experience with CRM campaigns desired
- Diverse account and industry experience
- Experience in and ability to evaluate all mediums including mail, print, television, radio and interactive in order to develop fully integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
- Excellent presentation skills
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.