Group Account Director
Group Account Director
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Group Account Director
Wunderman Thompson Seattle
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Group Account Director to guide one of our key clients across brand strategy, digital and CRM experiences. The Group Account Director will be a true partner to our clients with an intimate understanding of clients' goals, anticipating how Wunderman Thompson can best serve them with a strong eye on continual growth for the agency.
You will be responsible for strategic top-level relationships, helping to guide our clients to solve their business challenges by applying thought leadership and solution services appropriate for their business, industries and marketplace trends, while maintaining overall client satisfaction and collaborating with key team members across disciplines to deliver the highest quality work.
What you’ll do:
- Client-facing | Partner with our most senior clients to help set the strategic marketing agenda and oversee the translation of the client’s vision into a roadmap that guides our agency on how to not only achieve client goals, but also generate work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact.
- Explore | Build a deep knowledge, understanding and confidence in the client’s commercial model, propose solutions that offer wins for the client and the agency. Confidently navigate a complex client hierarchy and be able to deeply embed in the client’s organization while growing powerful client relationships built on mutual benefit across the organization.
- Lead | Manage, inspire and motivate the team delivering for this account. Review team deliverables. Provide strategic oversight and ensure the work gets noticed, used and appreciated.
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams as Wunderman Thompson sells in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices. Build an engagement process between the agency and client, helping to unlock mutual value.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Forms relationships as a trustworthy and essential client advisor at the most senior client level and across relevant markets, regions, and businesses; easily recognized and trusted by senior leadership within each internal stakeholder agency. Maintains high levels of partner satisfaction, building equity in client relationships.
- Curious | Continuously re-imagines how to partner with clients to build better futures for the business. Proactively seeks out new opportunities, new technologies, and lateral ideas to solve clients’ biggest business issues.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. You energize and inspire by actively managing the development of team members and promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. “Yes” and “why not” posture. Takes care of self and team. Maintains a balance of stamina and positivity.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of client services experience in a digital agency, creative agency, or communications environment.
- Experience working on CRM/CX campaigns and deliverables.
- Significant experience working with large telecommunications brands.
- Comfortable, conversant and convincing across brand and strategy, data, digital, social and innovation marketing.
- A proven approach to building relationships that result in new, profitable partnership opportunities.
- Track record of driving incremental growth on existing work.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and collaborate in a team-oriented multi-agency workplace, fostering career growth for the individuals on their project teams.
- Outstanding ability to lead, convince and inspire in a client-service environment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.