Client Business Manager
Client Business Manager
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Phase V, a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Phase V is seeking a Client Finance Analyst to join the team. The Client Business Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of all budgetary and financial issues relating to client projects. The Client Business Manager will assist in improving our best standard practices that promote efficient, comprehensive budgets and other documents related to financial contracts and agreements involving Phase V.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Review each project’s status monthly and ensure budgets are updated timely and fees revised for job scope variances, differences, and modifications. Ensure complete and accurate "budget to actual" reconciliations which are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with our clients’ contracts. Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial status reports by client and individual jobs. Ensure clients are accurately billed fee and OOP’s on a timely basis per contract requirements.
- Review | Ensure contract compliance. Review Account Receivable aging reports and ensure timely collections. Prepare client financial reports. Responsible for managing and improving client / product profitability.
- Collaborate | Analyze the nature and detail of each project. Work with account teams to define program scope and objectives and is responsible to clearly note all specifications on all estimates and properly cost out line-item expenditure components. Assist with the compilation of database statistics and analyze overall trends for - projected hours, past year costs, and competitive analysis as well as participate in the completion of RFP’s received by Phase V.
Who you are:
- Leader | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role and industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Strong attention to detail
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.