Senior Analyst, Analytics
Senior Analyst, Analytics
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
ABOUT GAIN THEORY:
Gain Theory (A Wunderman Thompson Company) is a global marketing effectiveness consultancy, empowering marketing and insight professionals to create agile, smarter, data-informed cultures using data, technology and advanced analytics.
Gain Theory is trusted by clients around the world to enhance business performance in both the short and long-term by improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency, increasing baseline profits, growing market share and driving share price growth.
The global team consists of 200+ consultants, data scientists, mathematicians and marketing technology specialists who operate globally servicing 113 markets worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you looking to advance your career in marketing analytics consulting and econometrics? Ready to join a global team of story-telling mathematicians who are passionate about driving value? We are looking for you.
At Gain Theory, we strive to create an open and progressive atmosphere. As a Senior Analyst, you’ll be in the driver’s seat and take the lead in the preparation, checking, and analysis of data while building econometric models and helping build actionable insights and recommendations for our clients. With guidance from senior members, you’ll work with cutting edge tools and build your skills in several different areas as you progress into a leadership role of your own.
- Analysis of data: Undertake data extraction and processing to build insights on the marketplace relevant to the project; ensure that all data is checked and correct
- Lead the building of econometric models: Build models which incorporate key drivers for sales, providing a rationale for variables entered while identifying weaknesses within the model and making improvements where needed
- Assist in the production of presentations: Ensure all information and presentation material is accurate and correct, and help develop a story based on model results, with a focus on actionable insights
- Lead internal meetings during a project: Initiate and take responsibility for organizing meetings and recording and circulating action points within your team
- Liaise with clients: Take responsibility for data collection and client correspondence and have an active role in client presentations
- Support the research, development, and implementation of industry best-practices: Propose better approaches to help improve internal procedures including new methodology, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, or related field
- Experience with advanced statistical modeling methods (MMM, Multivariate Regression, Bayesian, etc.)
- Experience with data manipulation/visualization tools (Excel, SQL, Tableau); Python experience a plus
- Extreme attention to detail a must
- Moderate to advanced understanding of Business Marketing and Media
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Team orientated attitude
- Capacity to learn new skills and master new tools
- Ability and desire to lead junior team members through mentorship and example setting
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.