Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Project Manager for a key account for our Los Angeles office. We are looking for an enthusiastic critical thinker and problem solver with digital & website development experience.
The Senior Project Manager acutely understands the opportunities and constraints of a given project and takes responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from panning and scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
***An important note on location and REMOTE options: The intention for this role is embracing a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Costa Mesa or Playa Vista office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for in-person collaboration. Viable candidates will be local to the Orange County/Los Angeles area and aligned with a hybrid work schedule.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is excellent, on time, on budget, and goes beyond the brief. Responsible for setting up plans that drive projects forward, identify and mitigate risks, and ensure successful delivery with high client satisfaction.
- People | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. Establish and manage cross-functional teams across different locations – including offshore production teams - that are collaborative, efficient and high-functioning with high employee satisfaction.
- Process | Establish and manage project/program communication and structure. Leverage existing and new tools and processes to ensure successful delivery and collaboration across agency and client teams.
- Financials | Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans; manage resource allocations; and report on project status, burn rates, budgets and reconciliations to agency and client stakeholders.
Who you are:
- A Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Provide purpose, direction, and motivation to the team.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Optimistic, Open and Collaborative | Strive to create a close-knit, supportive team; remain positive in the face of ambiguity and challenging circumstances.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in advertising or marketing communications in a client-facing role, ideally at a creative/digital agency or similar.
- Proven experience delivering digital marketing solutions working with multi-disciplinary teams (Strategy, Creative, Tech, PM/AM) across multiple offices around the globe.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience working on large-scale projects with multiple workstreams and diverse teams (Strategy, Creative, UX, Account, Data, Technology) across remote offices.
- Ability to tailor communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor); comfortable leading team and client meetings.
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project.
- Understanding of emerging web standards, user-centered design, optimization and search practices.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them.
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.