Event Coordinator - Microsoft
Event Coordinator - Microsoft
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
From the Lisbon office of Wunderman Thompson Portugal, we see the Tagus River, and from the Porto office, the Atlantic – but in both scenarios our eyes are on the future. We have one purpose: to grow our clients’ brands and businesses, driven by an indomitable desire to combine creativity, data, and technology to do what hasn’t been done before.
You will be part of a company that excels in the industry with end-to-end multiple capabilities and has a commitment to delivery amazing results by mixing technicality and expertise with the unbreakable commitment to our company behaviours and values.
Are you passionate about marketing, digital events and customer journeys? Would you like to help sales and marketing teams deliver on business impact thanks to the Microsoft Immersion workshops?
Are you skilled at managing relations and can you collaborate across a variety of teams – both on a local and global level? Then you might be the Event Coordinator we’re looking for to join our Microsoft team in Lisbon.
What will you be doing:
In the role as Event Coordinator, you will be employed by Wunderman Thompson to help Microsoft’s sales and marketing teams deliver on business impact thanks to Microsoft’s Immersion workshops. These are hands-on immersive workshops for customers to experience and understand Microsoft’s product suite, solutions and how to best use market trends and Microsoft expertise to achieve aspirations. Microsoft Immersion workshops are either in-person or virtual sessions delivered by Partners or by Microsoft personnel, either in Microsoft Offices, at partners’ sites or online. As an Event Coordinator, you are not expected to deliver those workshops. More specifically, your tasks include:
- Facilitating the planning and execution of local Microsoft Immersion workshops in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Managing logistics, i.e. booking workshop rooms, obtaining speaker confirmations, catering, etc.
- Collaborating across groups, including business groups leads, sales and marketing teams as well as partners in order to plan, go through the status of the program and to evaluate results
- Reporting on the impact of the Microsoft Immersion program as there is a direct correlation between the program and influenced revenue
- Ensuring a strong client-agency relationship as well as satisfaction and growth of the client account
- An understanding of the clients’ business and marketing objectives is crucial, specifically the program you are working on.
Who are you going to work with:
You will be employed by Wunderman Thompson to work for Microsoft, one of our clients. You will be reporting into Wunderman Thompson’s Western Europe Event Team Lead and work closely with local Microsoft stakeholders on a daily basis.
We have a community of 13 Event Coordinators across Western Europe's 12 markets, focusing on Microsoft Immersion Workshops. Event Coordinators work in ‘blended’ teams and as such, you will be collaborating regularly with local team members, global peers, and multinational executional teams across the globe within the Wunderman Thompson network as well as the local and global Microsoft environment.
Who are you:
- A great communicator - someone who always considers their audience and how they will interpret what you are saying
- Born ready - Whether it is a meeting, a call or a de-brief, prepare in advance. Have a plan to contribute to, you are also comfortable taking ownership and accountability for your project
- Team player - You thrive on working collaboratively with a diverse set of people
- Always curious – never afraid to ask questions and proactively go and seek out information
What do you bring to the table:
You have an appreciation and interest in marketing automation, digital events and technology. You are a team player who can collaborate with various teams on a local and global level, but also work under your own initiative. As a person, you are detail-oriented with the ability to think through the right workflows, while simultaneously managing a large volume of operational excellence tasks to support the event focus within the company. In addition, you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree combined with a marketing and/or event background
- 2-3 years of experience with project and/or event coordination
- Excellent client-management, client-facing and project management skills enabling you to co-ordinate with multiple teams
- A strong sense of initiative, proactivity, and ability to work under pressure
- An interest in working in a global fast-paced environment
- Excellent adaptation skills and the ability to prioritize when needed
- Fluency in English and Portuguese, as you will be working with local stakeholders.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.