Freelance UX/UI Designer
Freelance UX/UI Designer
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
From the Lisbon office of Wunderman Thompson Portugal, we see the Tagus River, and from the Porto office, the Atlantic – but in both scenarios our eyes are on the future. We have one purpose: to grow our clients’ brands and businesses, driven by an indomitable desire to combine creativity, data, and technology to do what hasn’t been done before.
You will be part of a company that excels in the industry with end-to-end multiple capabilities and has a commitment to delivery amazing results by mixing technicality and expertise with the unbreakable commitment to our company behaviors and values.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Freelance UX/UI Designer to join our 300-person business for 9 months (Full-time) that recruits talent to work locally and globally for some of the world’s biggest and well-known brands across creative, data and technology like Vodafone, Microsoft and Nestle to name a few.
You will spend most of your energy as an UX/UI Designer attempting to create digital experiences in low and high fidelity for web responsive and native mobile apps, articulating design decisions, communicating them to product, business, and technology leaders, as well as operating with cross-functional teams all through the design processes.
What you will be doing:
- Find creative ways to find a solution to usability problems on the projects you integrate
- Provide clean, modern visual designs for UI
- Follow implementation of UI's according to design and Brand guidelines
- Prepare user journeys, wireframes and task flows and prototypes to communicate design ideas and the interaction concept according to our client needs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to dev teams
- Manage the UX activities of all projects by following-up on projects status
Who You Are:
- Tech Lover: You are enthusiastic about advanced technology and keep up to date with everything related to the tech world
- Problem solver: You are driven to keep finding solutions to interesting and challenging problems
- Team player: You thrive on working collaboratively with a diverse set of people and are an effective communicator
- Creator: You find energy in creating, yet you are structured and have a strong grasp of detail
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Degree in Design, training in UX/UI Design or similar
- Proficient knowledge of UX tools, process, and UI patterns
- Proven experience with a strong portfolio
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency
Bonus points if you have:
- An agency background is always a plus
- Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies
- Experience in product design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision, Balsamiq)
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS; used to working with front-end developers
What you’ll get from us:
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join wellness activities such as weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including private health care, Employee Assistance Programme, and cycle-to-work scheme.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.