Marcom / Account Manager
Marcom / Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Marcom MSD / Account Manager Role Description:
This is a Full-time role in Wunderman Thompson Team Microsoft. The Marketing Coordinator role is part of Marketing Services Desk Team. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overall campaign management and service coordination/delivery between subsidiary marketers, agencies/partners, and the Marketing Service Center (MSC). The MC is the primary point of contact providing marketing campaign execution recommendations and consultation. They may also coordinate services with other local agencies and teams, such as social media or creative teams.
This role is supporting the Commercial Marketing business. (B2B)
Although within the Services Desk, the MC resource may be physically located within the MSC, Subsidiary or Regional Headquarters.
What is this role, and how does it positively impact the business? The MC role supports and enables local “last mile” marketing execution through centralized marketing services and provides expertise in marketing tools, engines, and campaigns. They provide end-to-end planning, execution, and analysis services, with tangible positive results for key performance indicators. They also ensure that campaigns are running seamlessly across different systems and tools, so they provide a great experience for our customers and partners.
The Marketing Coordinator must deliver across the following six competency areas:
- Enable Integrated and Consistent Marketing Execution from Area HQ to Subsidiaries
- Provide Project Management and Extensible Service Coverage
- Support a Cross-Engine Approach (Events, Digital, Data, Email and Tele)
- Provide Knowledge of Marketing Tools and Services
- Be a Consultant and a Trusted Advisor
- Privacy and Microsoft Brand and guidelines Gatekeeper
- Drive Efficient Localization
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications; project management; business, systems, and process analysis; conflict resolution; and cross-group collaboration
- Fluent in English
- Advanced project management strategies and tools
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing communications vehicles, tools, and execution, both online and offline
- Understanding of Marketing Operations
- Ability to articulate and evangelize within the local marketing organization(s)
- Relationship management skills collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft brand and products
- Understanding of Marketing Automation Concepts and implementation
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude
- Individual contributor able to work effectively across different teams
- Analytical aptitude and detail oriented
- An interest in marketing and campaign operations
- Team player – must focus on winning as a team rather than individually
- Detail-oriented – Treat the work as your own and can analyze.
- Drive for results – Be tough and persistent and know when to research vs. when to make a quick decision.
- Client service oriented – Be positive and optimistic.
- University degree
- At least 3 years solid marketing communications (agency or client side), business operations or business consulting experience
- B2B Experience preferably in a multinational
Background: MSD Team
- The Marketing Service Desk standardizes Field Marketing Operations and enables ‘local last mile execution’
- Marketing Service Desk roles across Events, Measurement, Data & Social provide specialist Marketing expertise & insights, whilst the
Marcom role provides overall Marcom project management & knowhow
- With the increasing transition to Modern Marketing the Marketing Service Desk acts as the ‘local champ’ for Modern Marketing tools &
services, providing access to shared services such as the MSC on Marketing Automation.
- Training & Coaching time-investment ensure MSD resources are well trained, able to leverage leading practices from across the Globe,
and focused on delivering Operational Excellence & Compliance
- The Marketing Service Desk enables Corp to scale & consistently land the Global Engagement Programs of the Marketing Automation
Marcom MSD Roles and responsibilities:
- Marketing Planning
- Plan Development: 10%
- Measurement Setup
- Marketing Execution
- Campaign Execution: 15%
- Media Management: 10%
- Events Management: 15%
- Services Management
- MSC Engagement: 15%
- Localization: 10%
- Training & Governance
- Training: 10%
- Campaign Performance Review: 10%
- Project management for campaign execution requirements
- Create the marketing execution plan for campaign execution, including required services, schedule, etc., translating campaign objectives into
- Coordination of campaign execution services between marketers, agencies/partners and the MSC
- Facilitate campaign execution scheduling based on campaign strategies and in-market deadlines
- Briefing of execution vendors
- Submission of complete and accurate service order requests to the MSC
- Triage/prioritization of service order requests
- Driving economies of scale – identifying similar campaign briefs and campaign activities to avoid duplication of efforts and ensuring
comprehensive MSC service request processing
- Orchestration of campaign tactics from setup, ROMI enablement and Lead management activities
- Enable improved quality assurance by ensuring campaign execution outcomes meet business objectives
- Ensuring SLAs are met and marketer expectations for campaign delivery are set appropriately
- Ensuring ROMI (return on marketing investment) and campaign measurement requirements are orchestrated effectively across broad
- Obtaining campaign measurement requirements from marketers and ensuring accurate setup and tagging of campaign assets
- Assigning campaign measurement requirements to campaign measurement resources
- Serving as the primary point of contact for marketers engaging with the MSC and vice versa
- Providing consultation and governance recommendations on MSC services as needed
- Resolving and managing escalation issues as they arise
- Driving on-going improvements in efficiency of campaign execution/set up and tracking through global tools.
- Connecting MSC services to business outcomes. Ensuring that the marketer understands the value and impact of the MSC tools and services
and the impact they can have on the business in tangible terms. Translating business campaign objectives into MSC requests
- Developing deep subject-matter expertise across campaign execution ecosystem
- Understanding the local use of marketing solutions (including marketing tools, marketing services, processes, & data)
- Educating the subsidiary marketing community on how to optimize the use of these solutions to meet local & corporate driven
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.