Senior Service Designer
Senior Service Designer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We deliver world class communications, experiences and platforms, inspiring ambitious brands, like Bose, BT, HSBC, Duracell, Rolex, FIFA, Microsoft, Pets at Home, Nestlé and Specsavers.
We’re proud to have been voted Campaign’s Customer Engagement Agency of the Year for the last four years.
As a Senior Service Designer, you should feel comfortable owning individual projects, guiding more junior team members. Demonstrate the ability to interact with clients regularly and actively improve the WT CX Methodology at every opportunity.
To be successful in your role, we look to the following skills:
- Service Design Methodology – Familiarity with Service Design processes and techniques, aiming to iterate wherever possible
- Customer Research – Confident in conducting primary ethnographic research
- Storytelling – Tell customer stories coupled with specific and actionable recommendations to improve experiences
- Collaboration – Work openly across departments within the agency and within client organisations
- Quality Deliverables – Understand the effect of every deliverable and design for impact, be it presentations or products
- Attitude – Positively contribute to team culture
As part of the team, you can demonstrate your ability in these skills like so:
Service Design Methodology:
- Able to use a wide range of Service Design techniques, including those aiming to support ideation, collaboration and delivery
- A thorough understanding of methods of the WT CX Toolbox assisting you to identify gaps within the WT CX Methodology and create new methods
- Demonstrate ability to take ownership of end-to-end Service Design projects
- An understanding of, and successful application of, research techniques, process, insight development and concept creation
- Create primary ethnographic research plans tailored to deliver insights relevant to the brief
- Ability to identify tools required to develop insights through research and work with others to develop these
- An eye for detail to help identify problems and improvements within a customer experience, regularly offering a fresh perspective to clients
- Take an active role in the identification and structuring of insights/recommendations
- Regularly effectively present customer challenges in the most appropriate format which motivates clients to act
- Confident, accurate and timely communication, within projects, the wider CX Team and within client’s organisations
- Trusted to work independently while providing support for junior team members
- A designer to the core, taking pride in every deliverable produced by yourself and the members of the project team you support
- An expert in design tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision etc to help create and present deliverables
- Complete deliverables in a timely and efficient manner while providing regular feedback to other team members
- A positive solution focussed attitude, supporting the desired studio culture within the team
- Ambition to continually push yourself to be better
- Demonstrate the Wunderman Thompson behaviours; In It Together, Listening, Positivity and Creative Bravery
In addition, as a Senior Service Designer you will be responsible for the development of junior members of the team. To support this, you will:
- Hold regular career-based conversations to help individuals grow and improve their overall skills
- Support in the creation of individual’s development plans
- Show your coaching style to get the best out team members
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.