Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Strategist who thrives in simplifying complexity into clear and actionable plans. An empathetic thinker that can find the human story amidst a sea of data. You’ll identify the customer behavior, the moments of truth, barriers and needs as they go through the full customer journey. You get a thrill using creative strategy to solve for those insights along the customer journey with content and communication ideas.
What you’ll do:
- Research | Develop actionable insights from a wide variety of data sources: analysis of client data, primary and secondary research, media data, etc.
- Simplify | Synthesize research findings into clear, actionable thought. Be able to educate team members and clients on your strategic logic.
- Develop | Write and contribute to briefs and strategic plans that build off a brand messaging strategy for acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Support | Collaborate with other team members on large strategic initiatives by supporting with research, competitive analysis, editing, writing and participating.
- Understand | Understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the category in which it operates. Keep abreast of the latest trends (culture, technology, media, and social) that are affecting and evolving human behavior.
Who you are:
- Relentlessly Curious | An avid reader and thinker. Always on the hunt for new information to form hypotheses and reinforce agency recommendations with compelling data, perspectives and evidence.
- Systematically Creative Thinker | You’re an analytical and technically minded problem solver with a brain for logic, data, and patterns. Best yet, you know how to call on both the analytical and creative sides of your brain to help find that perfect balance that changes the way humans experience the digital world.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems and unknowns. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Maintains stamina and positivity under constraints.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 years' creative strategy experience within an agency.
- Experience in technology/telecom verticals is preferred.
- Experience in various types of consumer research, insights generation, creative brief development, campaign development, content strategy, touchpoint/ journey mapping, data-driven campaign execution, optimizing creative based on campaign performance.
- Expertise in synthesizing and translating data into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans. Articulating problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams.
- Insatiable curiosity and passion about uncovering human truths, choices, and behaviors.
- Flexible working style, keeping up with a fast-paced account and comfortable with shifting focus as business needs develop.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Experience in collaboration and working cross-functionally (i.e. with Creative, Account, and Analytics teams).
- Strong communication skills with internal agency teams and external agency partners.
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent deadlines.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.