Associate Strategist (Health)
Associate Strategist (Health)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an Associate Strategist in our DC office. The Associate Strategist will support our practice and brand teams as we develop compelling strategies for our clients’ business that unleash the potential of their brands.
What you’ll do:
- Support | Coordination for Strategic Services department, including, but not limited to sourcing and reviewing strategic resource vendors. Keep the team updated with new research techniques and other areas relating to strategy. Support workshop development. Support senior members of the team in the development of compelling strategies throughout the exploration, experimentation and distillation phases of the strategic process.
- Collaborate | Serve as liaison with vendors on research plan, attend research, generate interview notes. Apply experience in past projects, if relevant, to contribute to the discussion. Support new business pitches as required.
- Research & Report | Study and report out on the market and brand landscape including competitive audits. Report on important cultural/technology/health trends, and their potential application to and impact on client business. Analyze and present primary and secondary research findings to determine key insights for strategic projects.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in sociology, psychology, science, marketing, and communications or comparable degree.
- Related internship or research experience.
- Clear communicator, good listener, agile thinker.
- Strong writing, personal presentation, and analytical skills.
- Able to be an individual contributor, willing and eager to work in a hands-on capacity as we build out the department.
- Strong persuasive communication skills to advocate for strategy both internally and externally.
- Relationship and team-work oriented.
- Ability to design on-line research and identify compelling learnings for reporting.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.