Associate Director, Strategy (Health)
Associate Director, Strategy (Health)
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations, and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking an Associate Director, Strategy to play a critical role on one of our agency’s largest accounts in our Washington DC office. Working closely with leadership from across disciplines, you’ll contribute to the growth and development of an existing account and creating a balance of digital experience and campaign/brand work. This is an exciting opportunity to flex your digital experience skills while bringing big thinking to the business, brand, and campaign level. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker but also a doer in the best sense of the word. You’ll have an innate curiosity in audience engagement, content, and social strategy. Ultimately, you’ll focus on executing strategy at the highest level, managing a team, and growing an award-winning book of business into an even stronger portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Client Focus | Work closely with clients and internal teams to define goals and develop strategies based on consumer insights, trend analysis, market forces, and business objectives. Influence clients and senior agency leads in service of selling great strategy and creative work.
- Strategic Thinking | Possess an inherent interest in consumer behavior and examine the way that brands communicate in order to find the intersection of brands, culture, and creativity. Partner with media experts to develop high-level media recommendations that take advantage of emerging and proven digital media. Produce written POV pieces, briefs, decks, and proposals. Conduct research including competitive analysis, emerging opportunities, and consumer insights.
- Team Management | Oversee and execute key planning deliverables for the client & team, including the execution of the creative brief in partnership with the Creative Director and Account Director. Manage team of Strategists of varying levels.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Aptitude and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Take care of self and team. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in marketing strategy, digital strategy, or planning in the direct marketing field.
- Marketing expertise in one or more industry categories: pharmaceuticals, health care, retail/services, high-tech, financial services.
- Proven experience with different channels (e.g., B2B or Broad Consumer programs).
- Experience leading all aspects of qualitative research project including, writing research briefs, vendor outreach, developing discussion guides & surveys, moderating research sessions, and analyzing results.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.