Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a design-driven Designer/Art Director in our New York City office. The Designer/Art Director will have a knack for delivering fresh thinking in ideas and designs. You feel at home in a fast-paced agency setting. You know how to defend creative, but you also know when to pick your battles. If this describes you, we look forward to seeing how you can take our team to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Create and communicate concepts by applying brand level awareness as well as campaign tactics. Apply consistency and continuity of brand across a variety of deliverables in the design and layout of various client projects. Offer strategic and innovative solutions, add/contribute to client meetings, present creative work. Design comps, graphic elements, and final deliverables. Secure approval for all work from the ACD or CD for specific assignments.
- Collaborate | Partner with Copywriter for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting, execution, referencing and annotating of final deliverables. Collaborate with Account Services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Contribute concepts/ideas to new business pitches, pro-bono, and in-house projects.
- Participate | Present creative in internal meetings. Participate in client meetings, presentations, and other client contact as necessary.
Who you are:
- Designer | Create visuals for multichannel initiatives, presentations, and other projects.
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Partner | Work closely with Copywriter, Creative leadership, and other disciplines in crafting solutions for our clients.
What you’ll need:
- Portfolio with strong design sensibilities
- Demonstrated design/concepting/layout ability and typographic skills
- Effective communication skills required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant graphic design tools
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy, work independently under guidance from Creative Director and other senior team members, and ability to assess photography
- Ability to mentor junior team members
- Must be able to establish a vision for design to be used in creative campaigns
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Art, Graphic Design or related field
- Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in Advertising or related field preferred
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.