Associate Creative Director, Art
Associate Creative Director, Art
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a brilliant Associate Creative Director, Art to join our world class creative team: A next-level conceptual thinker and artist who knows all when it comes to creating work that demands attention across social platforms. You should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively – owning a project with some oversight, without hand-holding. Client relationship management and "front of the room" presentation skills are expected.
We’re looking for someone who can do the job, and then surprise us with something we’ve never thought of. A one-two punch of confidence and inspiration. Someone who possesses a talent for transforming great ideas into award-winning creative and has a passion for visual storytelling. We are looking for a creative who enjoys selling their ideas as much as they love crafting them.
What you’ll do:
- Break | Create immersive concepts and campaigns. Embrace the unknown, recognizing that great content and experiences knows no rules. You will be excited to create new and experiment rather than default to what’s been done before.
- Create | Ideate constantly and be passionate about bringing new ideas to every brief, tactic, execution, and conversation. Capture brand voice in interactive marketing materials from conception to execution of final deliverables. Be the voice for your team.
- Collaborate | Partner with an ACD Copywriter and the Design team for the development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the full lifecycle, from concepting through execution of final deliverables. Team up with Strategy and Client Services Leadership to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Contribute concepts/ideas to new business pitches, pro-bono, and other in-house projects.
- Set the Trends | Be an expert in doing it before it’s been done, know current trends and what’s next. Performs strategic and next-level creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Build Client Relationships | Spearhead client reviews, and work with team to achieve results. Present creative material in both internal and client meetings. Participate in client presentations, and manage client contact as necessary.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Forms relationships as a trustworthy and essential team lead across relevant markets, regions, and businesses. Easily recognized and trusted within the agency. Able to spin up creative input in brainstorming sessions.
- Creatively Brave | Passionate about the power of creativity with the knowledge to identify and nurture the best ideas. Adapts to solve clients’ challenges. Creates visuals for multichannel initiatives, presentations, and other projects.
- A Maker | You’re driven to prototype, experiment and make. Your side hustle is in photography, film making, music, or anything that lets you express your ideas and passions.
- Ambitious | Continuously re-imagines how to partner with clients to build better futures for their business; pro-actively seeks out new opportunities and lateral ideas to solve clients’ biggest business issues. You know what you like, what you’re after, and how to navigate any scenario that comes your way.
- Ready for Today | We need a modern Art Director who can tackle more than just broadcast and video work. We’re looking for an ability to bring brand stories to life across channels and will be looking for portfolios that prove it.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in art direction in advertising or a related industry.
- Portfolio with successfully launched client projects on broadcast work, social, and everything in between.
- Demonstrate strong design chops, concepting, layout ability, and typographic skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant graphic design tools.
- Ability to direct and mentor junior team members.
- Ability to handle a high-volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
- Working knowledge of the latest design trends and technology to implement as appropriate.
- Practiced time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Animation and video editing skills are preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.