Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a dynamic, forward thinking Finance Director with experience in financial planning and analysis in a fast-paced environment. We want a team player that works closely with our department, the Client Service and PM teams and other Executives. This individual exudes creative organization and provides the highest level of customer service to our internal and external clients.
**Though we are offering total remote and/or hybrid-work capability in this role, we would prefer to consider candidates living in the metro-Atlanta area.**
What you’ll do:
- Client | Review Client Account Profitability monthly, provide profitability analysis, and recommend improvements to achieve maximum potential. Assess staffing mix to ensure maximum profitability. Host monthly account meetings and take responsibility for action plans on all financial matters.
- Own | Generate client specific management reporting including insightful analysis and commentary to tell the story and provide a basis for action. Review the work of others to ensure completeness and accuracy. Collect, analyze and present financial information to business partners identifying risks and opportunities to aid the team in meeting their specific goals.
- Corporate | Coordinate process of providing accurate fee income forecasts, detailing committed, and forecasted income. Finalize monthly income across all clients with a Financial Analyst.. Assist in ad hoc financial presentations & analyses. Perform periodic financial process review; assess inefficiencies and recognize where improvements can be made. Review staff utilization monthly.
- Reconcile and Audit | Improve the budgeting process through education of project team leads and department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets. Ensure the integrity and security of financial systems and business processes to maintain legal and regulatory compliance (full scope SOX compliance).
Who you are:
- Big-Picture Thinker | A visionary with the ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal teams and create gravity around ideas.
- Agile | A jack of all trades equipped with a malleable, crafty scope of ability. A get-things-done attitude. An unparalleled drive of initiative.
- Forecaster | Able to tackle deadlines and special projects with ease. Detail oriented individual highly attuned to organizational best practices.
- Business Savvy | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. A champion of the finance world who adheres to ethical standards.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of management experience in finance, with advertising industry experience strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills; must demonstrate proven record of ability to analyze business and improve profitability.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and coordinate activities on many projects.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint presentation.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.