Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a client facing Account Director to lead the day-to-day management of a major client across North America. This is a unique opportunity to work with an emerging, social justice focused industry leader and help shape their Brand, Digital and Social business and presence. The ideal candidate will assess all concepts and creative development for client assignments and are responsible for adherence to and evolution of brand strategy. They will be accountable for well-managed projects, timely production, and budget adherence. They will guide this client and help them refine their overall strategy and enhance the visibility of the business. The Account Director serves as a team lead over several disciplines, including strategy, creative, data science, and community management, and is responsible for orchestrating the interworking of the separate discipline team leads. This role is responsible for the growth and development of the client business across all disciplines.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Be proactive in assessing client needs and delivering added value to the client wherever possible. Become a subject matter expert in the client’s field, speaking clearly to the competitive landscape, products, services, trends, and brand positions within the client’s business.
- Content | Generate and review project briefs to inspire and guide creative development. Provide clear goals and objectives for any campaign or creative endeavor with specific guidance and performance measures. Craft growth strategies, concepts, and business development blueprints to increase client value.
- Team | Build a cohesive team across agency partners, departments, disciplines, and offices where relevant. Mentor and grow direct reports to be stronger strategically, tactically, and interpersonally. Assess and recommend strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations, and enhancing the value of agency to the client.
- Process | Shepherd agency deliverables through regulatory and legal review process, where applicable. Accountable for on-time, on-budget completion of all group projects and the reporting of budget status to clients.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 8 years account management experience at a creative, digital or social agency, or equivalent.
- Strong integrated advertising experience, with an emphasis on brand/social/digital.
- Proven track record of developing strong client relationships. Ability to lead and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Social Justice//Non-Profit focused account experience with a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Strategic thinking balanced with the ability to make decisions and recommend actionable strategy.
- The ability to think on your feet and an eagerness to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with clients and internal departments at their busiest moments.
- Technically proficient in presentation planning and development with the ability to present ideas, concepts, and strategic direction to senior level clients.
- A positive attitude and capacity for thinking above and beyond the client’s initial ask.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.