Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to be responsible creating world-class experience design for a portfolio of clients. You are a highly proficient UX designer who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts into simple, thoughtful design solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences.
You’re someone who thrives at the intersection of data, technology and creativity and have a thoughtfulness in how you develop the delicate balance between form and function in your designs. You’re a UX designer at your core, but have a deep understanding of visual systems, a strong strategic point-of-view about both the art and science behind your work. You have a unique ability to translate data, ambiguity, and disparate thoughts into reality, inspiring those around you. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, with an insatiable curiosity for their motivations, actions, and how you can forge a tight connection between their needs and business goals. You believe that the best products are created in collaboration with both clients and internal teams to envision and iterate concepts and deliver world-class experiences. You have an ability to look at a problem, deconstruct it, and devise a way to make it better through design. You’re a restless futurist and innovator, inspired by emerging technologies and human nature, while remaining keenly focused on the practical needs of today’s brands.
**This is a remote flexible opportunity with option for hybrid in-office working capability. Our offices are currently open, though attendance is not required. To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work**
What you’ll do:
- User-Experience Design | You’ll work iteratively through the entire UX design process from strategy to implementation, producing and helping guide the creation of detailed client-facing UX deliverables and specifications. Your focus will be on the concept, system and story with minor supervision. Informed by data and research, optimized via testing, you’re able to create inspiring experiences and perform a range of design tasks and create artifacts such as: User flows, wireframes, functional prototypes, and work with others to help support the completion and creation of tasks and deliverables such as user research, feature sets, customer journeys, information architecture, design systems, and usability testing.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with both clients and internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Strategists, Content Strategists, Visual Designers, Copywriters, Project Managers and Technologists, serving as the experience design foundation and building-blocks that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through compelling solutions.
Who you are:
- Systematic Creative Thinker | You’re a thoughtful, elegant problem solver that crafts inspiring and useable solutions rooted in a deep understanding and grasp of the human, technical and analytical side of creativity. You’re a whole-brain designer, innovative with an obsession for how the user, business, data, and disparate parts of a system work together to improve the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Curious & Detail-Obsessed | You’re passionate about delivering experiences that are more than just answering a client’s problems, and innately curious about understanding human motivations and needs. You enjoy following the solution through all stages of the process so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Influencer & Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to educate, persuade, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and more junior members of the UX team. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years specializing in user experience design across digital platforms.
- Experience in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking and XS/XD principles as part of the core creative process.
- Proficiency in using Sketch/Adobe XD, Photoshop, and InVision.
- Ability to create conceptual prototypes that convey motion and behavior.
- Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures and usability principles.
- An understanding of front-end development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.