Technical Program Director
Technical Program Director
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What will you be doing?
Our continued drive to expand and provide world-class services within the digital marketing arena, has created the need for a Project Director to be based in our London office. You will primarily be responsible for ensuring that projects are scoped accurately, delivered on time and within budget. You will support the Client Service team ensuring the smooth delivery of our larger and more complex projects. You will work within the Acceleration Delivery Management Framework and will be responsible for coordinating both resources in Cape Town and resources from our international offices.
What will you be doing?
- Scope projects with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ensure the Statement of Work is completed and accurately reflects the business need
- Ensure all projects are entered into Projector and resources assigned
- Escalate any resourcing constraints to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Oversee the Delivery Management of multiple projects from initiation to completion
- Ensure that the Delivery Management Framework is adhered to
- Multi-task across a range of projects and teams
- Risk/issue identification and management
- Approval of all outgoing project work
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Understand team’s capacity to ensure resources are fully utilized
- Responsible for ensuring correct time allocation
Who are you?
- You will have a deep desire to create a better world for our customers and their consumers
- You are eager for knowledge, intellectually curious, inspired by experimentation and trying out new ideas and technology
- You have a deep understanding of what quality in client deliverables looks and feels like
- You understand that constraints present the opportunity for innovation and challenges fuel the need for change
- You'll have a desire to be part of a movement of fearless, daring, and bold doers who deliver on what others may find impossible to do
- Experience in project delivery within a professional services environment
- Experience being responsible for project delivery within a technical or professional services environment (Our projects are technical and frequently involve technology vendors)
- Nice to have: knowledge of online marketing technologies (Messaging platforms, Social Media, Analytics, Data) and their integration into broader IT infrastructure
- Recognised Project Management certification, preferably one of the recognised methodologies i.e. Agile, Scrum, Kanban or Lean
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Obsession with details and planning
- Good working knowledge of the internet, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.