Director of Growth
Director of Growth
Department: New Business
Expertise: B2B, Consulting
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for an ambitious and collaborative Director of Growth. Reporting to the CEO, you will develop robust strategies to acquire new client accounts, accelerate growth and increase interest in and awareness of the agency. You will be relied on to implement industry leading best practices and foster a growth culture across the wider agency.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Drive business development initiatives across the agency. Support the CEO in prospecting for and reacting to new business opportunities. Identify qualified leads and vet new opportunities. Be accountable for large growth drivers in the business, leveraging all channels at each stage of the marketing funnel to drive acquisition, engagement, and conversion. Facilitate RFP response generation and other inbound sales lead activities.
- Market | Drive results in marketing the agency. Plan and execute end-to-end demand generation programs, including webinars, emails, nurtures, social, SEO, paid media, content, in-person events, etc. Experiment with new channels to continually evaluate additional opportunities for growth.
- Collaborate | Partner with account teams to deliver strategic value for existing clients to enable growth. Partner with leadership team to leverage existing client relationships and build new strategic relationships to increase awareness of our agency’s offerings. Partner with the North American growth team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up according to established SLAs. Build a consistent feedback loop and continuously improve and optimize lead hand-off processes.
- Mentor | Champion growth culture within the wider agency. Mentor across all levels to ensure consistency and best practices are implemented for all opportunities.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Innate ability to bring people together and create gravity around ideas.
- Self-starter | A get-things-done attitude, you are driven to succeed. You dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You anticipate requirements and manage expectations.
- Open and collaborative | You champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of relevant business development experience including experience working in a creative/digital agency.
- Experience across digital and traditional advertising and brand development across multiple client sectors.
- Proven pitch track record of leading and winning domestic and global accounts.
- Experience and a proven approach to building top-to-top relationships that result in new, profitable revenue opportunities.
- Proven ability to navigate and leverage partners at scale (working with WPP partners agencies).
- Passion for building relationships that result in new, profitable revenue opportunities.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviours to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.