Copywriter (or team)
Copywriter (or team)
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a Copywriter to work in partnership with an Art Director and alongside strategists, account leads, tech teams and producers. Reporting to the Chief Creative Officers, you will develop engaging, result-oriented work throughout the entire customer journey to grow our clients’ ambitious brands.
Please include a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
To check out some of our recent Canadian work visit https://www.wundermanthompson.com/canada
What you’ll do:
- Innovate | Divergent thinking that leads to the creation of unique experiences across all existing and new channels.
- Craft | Generate highly effective creative concepts and provide exceptional copywriting.
- Collaborate | Build trust and respect with clients to create a partnership. Guide clients toward fresh ideas. Closely partner with your account, strategy, and production counterparts. Successfully integrate into the larger team and play a role in creating a positive work environment and agency culture.
Who you are:
- Creatively Brave | Passionate about the power of creativity with the knowledge to identify and nurture the best ideas. Adapt to solve clients' challenges.
- Curious | Ask questions. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you work well with different personalities and champion encouraging team environments.
What you’ll need:
- 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience required, including experience in a creative/digital agency.
- Portfolio showing excellent use of creative and conceptual capabilities.
- Experience effectively translating & presenting strategy to creative executions to clients.
- Skillful at crafting and presenting compelling points of view to support recommendations.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviours to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.