Associate Commercial Director
Associate Commercial Director
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Wunderman Thompson UK is looking for a strong commercial and analytical lead to join our best-in-class commercial function. Leading and mentoring an ambitious team of Commercial Leads to Junior Commercial Analysts, working with our department teams to ensure that revenue growth and profitability is maximised across the agency's extensive portfolio of clients. Bringing together multi-disciplinary teams across our various capabilities, measuring and selling value to our clients and optimising our P&Ls. You will need to be able to build relationships with ease, gain the trust of the senior management team and influence a range of senior stakeholders. You'll be naturally collaborative, with the ability to work with both financial and non-financial people. You'll be a self-starter who can work in a fast paced environment and has a high level of accuracy in your work ensuring compliance and deadlines are met.
Financial Health and P&L Management
- Ensure accurate financial information is prepared and presented in conjunction with the senior client leads
- Deliver live forecast and quarterly budget management information
- Preparation and review of scopes of work - working closely with the Operations Director and Senior Client Leads to ensure commercial accumen
- Preparation of various internal reports, including but not limited to utilisation reporting, client / project profitability, recoverability and growth target objectives
- Procurement Liaison and front seat negotiations
- Completion of EMEA and Global reporting requirements
- Working with a core team of experts to build our offer + capabilities and take them to market
- Preparation of Framework agreements and service specific schedules
- Liaison with subject matter experts including legal counsel in negotiations
Financial Operational support for the Client Leadership & Delivery Teams
- Working with senior client and operations to define process and ensure it is being adhered to in conjunction with SOX obligations
- Ensure compliance in operation, by leading cross-department knowledge and training sessions
- Act as an interface between the Account team & the Billers (responsible for billing & WIP
- Production & review of Client Performance Dashboard and key Management Information, being well versed in translating financial information to non-financial colleagues
Who you are:
- Have led, mentored, inspired, developed, and grown teams before
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and large group company as well as potentially having experience in a large agency
- Experience of building relationships from Junior to C-suite and dealing with the different and complex personalities involved
- Someone who can unify groups from across a wide skill-set and galvanise them behind a clear brief or goal and deliver excellent work for internal stakeholders and clients
- A candidate with the ability to engage people with their presentation skills but show excellent active listening to create clear actions
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.