Junior Commercial Analyst
Junior Commercial Analyst
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
The role requires a strong interest in commercial and an analytical mind to support the client teams to ensure that profitability is maximised.
The role will require a self-starter who can work in a demanding and pressurised environment and has a high level of accuracy in their work ensuring deadlines are met. The role will be both internal and potentially external facing with the need to work with procurement on a regular basis.
- Ensure accurate monthly and quarterly financial information is prepared and presented to the client working in conjunction with the senior client leads
- Preparation of scopes of works by working closely with the operations director and senior client leads
- Tracking of the scope of work on an ongoing basis and reporting any variance both internally and to the client
- Review of monthly time report and retainer reconciliations to ensure they are accurate before presenting to the client
- Preparation of various internal reports, including utilisation reporting/project reporting
- Ad hoc internal and external reporting requirements
- Preparation of both top down and bottom up scopes to support the retainer required
Financial Operational support for the Account Team
- To act as an interface between the Account team & the Billers (responsible for billing & WIP).
- Ensure billing is correct at all times
- Support in the preparation of Client Quotations and ensuring they match to the scope of work and menu prices
- Assist Account & Project Management in financial Job Management
- Support in the building and submission of budget forecasts and re-forecasts to EMEA
- Production & review of Job Management Dashboard with Client Account Management teams
- Financial training of Account & project Managers
- Working with senior client and operation to define process and ensure it is being adhered to
- Preparation of month end revenue accruals and prepayments in line with the revenue recognition policy
- Preparation of monthly revenue forecasts in conjunction with the senior client leads
- Monthly resource planning and identifying any resource issues
- Review of client profitability and drive to ensure that account hits their profitability targets
- Review and prepare commentary for the monthly internal client reporting
- Contract review, preparation of contract summary sheet
- Ensure contract compliance
- Working with the account team to ensure they are trained and aware of the contractual requirements
Maconomy (Accounting System)
- Maconomy Account Management training
- Ensure client rates are up to date and accurate in Maconomy
- Ad hoc Maconomy queries
- Ensure compliance with all Contractual requirements
- Prepare/assist in the preparation of any financial information
- Ensure all internal financial procedures are adhered to
- Manage client audits
Skills and experience:
Ability to work in a demanding environment and large group company as well as having experience in a large agency. Dealing with multiple stakeholders and deadlines. An energetic, can do attitude, collaborative person that that has the ability to work with both financial and non-financial people.
Who you are:
- An aptitude for business
- Collaborative partner for Account teams
- Dedicated to the details
- Expert Excel user
- Strong leadership capabilities
Financial experience in project accounting, an interest in developing your career further through CIMA or AAT, however this is not essential.
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
Wunderman Thompson is proud to be a WPP agency. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.