Location: Orange County, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
You are a digital-native Senior Copywriter who can address a wide spectrum of creative needs on our newest account- one of the largest and well-known social media platforms in the world. You play a key role at the very start of our projects as a fearless generator of ideas and a creative foil for your colleagues, then carry those ideas through rounds of feedback with thoughtful presentations, and ultimately bring those ideas to life with clear and compelling copywriting. You flow freely across various groups in the organization (e.g., strategy, design and technology), assisting anyone who needs sharp writing or creative problem solving. You are a partner to your clients and creative leaders and a mentor to your juniors.
You create big ideas, campaigns, activations, experiences, ads and more. You write manifestos, scripts, blogs, emails and in-app communications, etc. You present concepts, works in progress and final creative and even proofread when needed. You listen and adapt to feedback from your colleagues and research partners with the goal of amplifying their work.
You can confidently articulate a concept and sell a room on your idea. You have a strong grasp of experience methods and an informed understanding of what makes humans do the things they do. You know how to motivate your team. You are both thick-skinned and dependably optimistic. You can balance your desire for perfection with a sense of humor and resilient spirit. Your tolerance for spelling errors and bad grammar is inspiringly low. You are intellectually curious and globally minded.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of one of our California offices, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates, but have to be local due to client considerations and location.
Candidates local to Los Angeles or Orange County will ideally be aligned with a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Playa Vista or Costa Mesa offices. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for the in-person collaboration that many of our team members have missed. Thank you!
What you'll do:
- Process| Proficiently write in diverse copy styles across a range of assignments. You’ll analyze problems, anticipate consequences, and eliminate obstacles to successfully complete projects. Concept and collaborate on campaign ideas and social tactics with a creative team while working on multiple projects. Mange and prioritize projects within timelines for project milestones.
- Work| Craft concepts and execute copy based on established voice and tone for myriad social platforms.
- People| Partner with the creative leads to concept, write, present, and defend work while addressing client needs. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the agency to ensure timely deliverables.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional writing role
- A growing portfolio that demonstrates your copywriting depth and range
- Experience creating for digital and social platforms.
- Solid experience with writing and presentation tools
- An ability to manage your own time and workload with assistance from your project managers
- The capability to work independently and as part of a team/with AD partner
- A familiarity with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
- A working knowledge of best practices for common digital marketing communications
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.