Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Frontend Developer
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
WTT Budapest is seeking a Senior Front-End Developer who is essentially curious. After all, in a world that is constantly changing today's trends will become the standards of tomorrow. These days, to be up-to-date, a Front-End Developer needs to be an enthusiastic learner of all things digital, and flexible enough to adapt to new technologies any time.
They are responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements in high quality, building the client-side of our web applications, websites. The developer is working closely with the Technology team, the UX/UI team, the Project Management team and also occasionally with client team members.
Your main daily tasks
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website code and quality
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with backend developers, UI/UX designers to improve usability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Help backend developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Stay up-to-date on emerging frontend technologies
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Transparent work, clear reports on progress towards teammates and line manager
- Act as a technical person in client communications
- Create detailed task definitions, assumptions and feasibility checks
- Create estimates for small/medium/large, complex development tasks
- Review and evaluate timeline and project plan feasibility
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members
- 5+ years of developer experience including 3+ years of experience as a front end developer, preferably in agency environment
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, Abstract skills
- Hands-on experience of modern JS technologies, such as React/Redux, Gatsby, Node.JS
- Experience in understanding of preprocessors like SASS
- Experience developing enterprise web applications
- Excellent understanding of the latest frontend technologies (frameworks, tools)
- Ability to evaluate and use 3rd party systems, external libraries
- Experience of Agile development methods, preferably Scrum
What you can expect:
- Remote work opportunity (3 days a week even if you live in Budapest)
- Health Insurance package, medical screening (after 1 year of employment)
- International projects, diverse teams
- International and inhouse training possibilities
- Kid and dog friendly office
- Annual team building days and many fun events
- Award-winning office
- Phone-fleet membership
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.