Back-End Developer (Remote)
Back-End Developer (Remote)
Location: Denver, CO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour, and the US Marines.
More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs. Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology.
We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio. By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps is seeking a Developer to join our team! As an Apps Developer, you are responsible for developing mobile applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of the Play Store and App store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
Our environment is fast-paced, with agile sprints, peer reviews, as well as our own in-house design and QA supporting the projects. You’ll work with Developers that have been in mobile development since the beginning, designers that specialize in mobile, and with clients that look to you to be the mobile specialist for their organization.
*This is a remote role. Candidates must be located in North America.*
What you'll do:
- Work | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current coding practices.
- Team | Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
- Collaborate | Mentor associate developers. Review code for your peers. Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes, and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 2 years as a backend software engineer experienced with:
- Additional desirable technology experience:
- Ruby on Rails
- React Native
- Experience creating and deploying backend API services that enable mobile app development.
- Experience developing headless backend functionality by creating and maintaining unit test suites.
- Experience developing API-driven app projects either professionally or solo.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
- Ability to define and describe MVC patterns with examples of how and why they are used.
- Good communication skills and an eagerness to work tightly with an experienced and diverse set of team members.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.