Strategic Development Director, North America
Strategic Development Director, North America
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR, NORTH AMERICA
About Wunderman Thompson
Our ultimate ambition is to be the most inspiring end-to-end marketing growth partner in the world.
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to drive growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part data consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
Globally, we are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world, where our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients.
As the NA Strategic Development Director, you will be a core part of the Growth & Marketing team responsible for growing our relationships with new and existing prospective clients that can support the ambitions of the agency. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, North America, you will work in partnership with the NA and global growth and marcomms teams, and the North America executive leadership.
You will be joining a progressive and fun, hardworking, and fast-paced team so the attitude and approach to strategic development is, in many ways, as important as the experience and skills you’ll possess.
This role is at heart of opening new opportunities for our 2800+ employees to make some of the best work of their career, so it is an important part of shaping the North American output of the world’s largest marketing and advertising communications network.
- Build prospective partner pipeline across, and for each office in, North America
- Connect target prospects with content, events, meet-ups and key WT leadership to drive new relationships (Inspire, 100 Trends, Transform, Metaverse, and thought leadership) and create new avenues into relationships when needed
- Establish rapport with key office and executive leadership – understanding their goals, existing relationships and needs for each office, ultimately matching a prospective list with their ambitions
- Utilize our growth and marketing tech tools to enter and track all activity, identify new prospective signals and increase performance of our customer journey
- Ownership of client mapping w/ WT leadership, spearheading follow through efforts
- Responsible for connecting our annual marketing calendar to opportunities
- Activate our presence at industry events e.g. CES, ANA, SXSW to facilitate introductions or meet-ups
- Plan/support our WT events including dinners and larger scale ‘inspiration’ events with support from the Marcomms team
- Partner with marketing on our GTM strategy
- Keep up-to-date on the latest WT work, thought leadership, initiatives and talent (leveraging our talents’ own networks)
- Act as the primary point of contact from initial contact to deal close, be a guardian of the WT brand, reflecting the agency’s values and aligning to our brand positioning
Who you are:
- 10+ years work experience with 6+ years in partnerships, business development or related field
- A creative thinker who’s passionate about spotting, generating, and launching innovative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The highest level of love of organizational detail
- Demonstrate a passion and deep dive understanding and appreciation of on and offline marketing channels.
- Possess inexhaustible powers of persuasion and charisma: Must be able to act as a key relationship builder with both internal and external stakeholders and omni channel media contacts.
- Tactful and flexible in dealing with diverse cultures (geographical and corporate).
- Keen to contribute to a fun and progressive environment for the team to work in.
- Seeks continuously to improve the work of the team.
- The ability to think on your feet and find a solution might not be the obvious route at first.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.