Senior Strategist for international clients
Senior Strategist for international clients
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Are you a Strategic Planner with at least 5 years experience? Are you the go-to person when it comes to creating solutions that meet both brand objectives and customer needs? Can you identify and articulate the customer insights that drive communication strategies and journeys? Are you excited by the idea of working at an international scale (even beyond Europe)? If you answered yes, then you might be the Strategist we’re looking for at Wunderman Thompson BeNeLux!
The person we seek combines strong brand communication strategy and smart touchpoint planning. They are able to integrate different strategic expert skills into a coherent strategy. They seek out solutions in terms of brand communication and customer experience. And they love to use research and data to build strong strategic recommendations.
The right candidate is a team player who, together with the Strategy Director, Account Director, and Creative Director, takes the lead with clients. They know how to inspire, but are hands-on enough to make things happen from intake to implementation.
- Be the strategic lead for key projects and clients.
- Present and discuss innovative communication strategies and key insights in meetings with existing and potential clients.
- Keep an eye on cultural and social trends relevant to the business, and ensure the brand communication strategy is relevant to local customers across key strategic markets.
- Develop brand communication, experience, digital and social strategies, including precise recommendations based on market opportunities which can be translated into local action plans.
- Be research minded and know how to read and interpret existing client research while also hunting for additional data sources to generate extra relevant insights.
- Think customer-centric and know how to apply design-thinking to projects.
- Work closely with account management and creative teams to brainstorm ideas and ensure each creative approach is on strategy.
- Challenge and research products, services, and current strategies to identify new opportunities.
- Keep up-to-date with audience’s preferences and proactively suggest new initiatives.
- Inspire colleagues and clients with the latest trends (cultural, technological, case studies, market evolutions, etc.).
- Comprehensive understanding of brand strategy, branding, digital strategy, marketing, media concepts, and service design.
- A digital ‘native’ with knowledge of existing and emerging digital channels.
- Experience in developing brand and creative strategies in social media.
- Strong analytical skills. You can understand and interpret the latest brand tracker as well as the most recent Google Analytics report. You have demonstrated experience in the use of measurement and tracking tools within all digital channels. You are able to incorporate these results into strategies, creative briefs, and local cultural roadmaps.
- Strong client-facing skills.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience in working closely with both account and creative teams.
- Successful track-record of managing multiple client assignments simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Straightforward and direct
- Clear communicator
- Focused on collaboration and idea sharing
- Builds to consensus
- Fair and respectful
- Active listener
- Open to people and new ideas
- Pursues personal growth by embracing challenges
- 5 years’ relevant experience in strategy, advertising and marketing.
- Experience as strategist in brand positioning, integrated brand communication, digital marketing, content marketing and social media.
- Experience in the FMCG and/or beverage industry is a plus.
- Previous work at the international level beyond Europe is preferred.
- Speaking, writing, and understanding of Dutch and/or French is preferred but not required.
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits.
- Ambitious and highly creative clients with projects spanning across regions, countries, and continents.
- A direct team of international colleagues from at least four continents (and growing).
- A team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies.
- We offer opportunities for your further training and career, and access to an extensive catalog of online trainings (e.g., LinkedIn Learning).
- The connection to an international pool of experts and agencies throughout the Wunderman Thompson and WPP networks.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.