Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Account Executive to join the team in our Kansas City office. The Senior Account Executive manages day-to-day activities of assigned account(s). The Senior Account Executive coordinates effectively with client brand team and extended partners on development of tactics. The position assumes financial responsibility of managing project budgets and strategic understanding of the client business and provides sound and responsible client counsel.
What you'll do:
- Manage | Guide day-to-day development of projects within approved plans. Ensure stages of projects are approved with adequate time to meet deadlines. Develop estimates with team and gain client approval; create and monitor project budgets. Acquire thorough knowledge of client’s business to anticipate marketing and advertising challenges and opportunities; monitor competitive promotional initiatives and suggest strategies to ensure highest quality of work for client.
- Collaborate | Coordinate effectively with internal/external team members and clients. Ensure stages of projects are approved with adequate time to meet deadlines, working closely with Project Management team. Participate in developing promotional plans.
- Communicate | Conduct client status calls/meetings; write and issue contact reports and status reports. Respond to both internal and external client requests promptly and appropriately.
Who you are:
- Communicator | Capability to create and deliver presentations (written and verbal), both internally to agency leadership, peers, and colleagues across departments, and to clients.
- Detail-Oriented | Oversee completion of all projects and assignments, ensuring strategic/brand integrity, while partnering with all necessary agency disciplines to ensure optimal distribution of resources, timeliness, accuracy, budget and government compliance.
- Innovator | Conversant in all media types, including the ability to understand and integrate diverse media vehicles to deliver a brand message to the client’s consumer base.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- 3-4 years in advertising; conferences or events management preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
- Capable of troubleshooting project obstacles and challenges by demonstrating creative problem solving.
- Secures an understanding of the client’s business by reading clinical studies and trade publications.
- Understands advertising fundamentals, including positioning, branding and principles of good creative.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of agriculture, especially livestock/animal health, preferred.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Recommends ways to improve work processes and efficiencies.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.