Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a digital strategist to help grow a global automotive client in the US Market. As a Digital Strategist, you will work directly with Creative to develop and optimize website content, CRM Acquisition and Loyalty campaigns, social strategy and execution, and innovative digital experiences.
You will be a leader on projects, requiring you to collaborate directly with the client and other disciplines, especially Creative and Data Sciences. You should be detail oriented, love getting into the weeds with data for insights mining, audience targeting, and campaign reporting. Above all, you should be flexible and ready to solve a variety of strategic problems for an iconic automotive brand.
What you'll do:
- Team | Partner with Creative teams from brief-writing to execution of .com content and CRM campaigns to ensure that strategy is delivering on channel, brand and business goals. Collaborate with Marketing Sciences to inject data into everything you do.
- Process | Contribute fresh thinking on strategic ways of working, but stay flexible enough to meet the ever-changing needs of the client.
- Work | Core responsibility for the strategic approach to content on .com and CRM campaigns. Manage a high volume of work with attention to detail. Higher level strategic thinking will always be part of the job. Balancing the day-to-day with the big picture will push you outside your comfort zone – which should excite you.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovative leader with an ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people (team and client).
- Passionate about creativity | Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas and navigate them through to actually getting made is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Curious and data-minded | You’re comfortable with exploring data sets and consumer research. You always want to know more and dive deeper.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Fearlessness in the face of the undefined and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. Able to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Strategist in a digital creative agency environment. An understanding of digital content is a requirement. Automotive experience is preferred.
- Able to fly at multiple altitudes, excelling at high-level conceptual strategy work and the nitty-gritty of strategic implementation. Intellectual curiosity and a collaborative approach are critical.
- Ability to independently manage client initiatives and campaigns.
- Analytical bent. Ability to work in close partnership with Marketing Sciences partners to develop campaigns with measurable results.
- Ability to make strategic recommendations, draft presentation decks and lead client conversations
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Proactive thinker and doer.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends.
- Ability to Integrate with Account, Creative, Development, and Marketing Sciences teams.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviors to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) to a generous 401k match (100% dollar-for-dollar match, up to 5% of salary contribution), and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.