Senior Account Executive
Senior Account Executive
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Manage the day-to-day operation of the account while contributing meaningful perspectives to the marketing and communication strategies and direction.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Manage internal agency relationships in order to get things done in the most time and cost efficient way for your client
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ business and industry
- Keep track of clients’ activities closely to make sure marketing objectives are met according to marketing plan
- Identify key market needs and challenges, recommend and adapt new strategies to react to changing business trends
- Look for opportunities, anticipate openings for initiatives and plan for the unexpected
- Build a good relationship with the client and become a trusted source in the company
- Lead the Account Team by fostering teamwork
- Develop the Account Team’s career paths and day-to-day training and oversee their work as necessary by focusing on developing their abilities.
- Provide support for the Account Planners and understand, interpret and apply market research insights
- Manage the cash flow, budget control sheets and have a solid control over job charges and cost controls
- Report to the AD on a regular basis in order to keep them sufficiently updated and informed on the day to day operations and progress of work through the processes internally
- BS/BA in marketing or advertising specialization
- Min 2 years experience as an Account Executive within an agency
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
- Project management Skills
- Time management Skills
- Presentation and writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Flexibility and problem solving skills
- Resourceful in finding information
- Creative mind
- Understanding and appreciation of great advertising – good creative judgment
- General awareness of society and interest in brands
- Strategic curiosity and knowledge in interactive/digital space
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
- Eager - willing to pitch-in on anything
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.