Content Management Specialist
Content Management Specialist
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Budapest is looking for a Content Management Specialist to join our Technical Development & QA team. Our content entry services provide engineering assistance in populating or migrating websites with specified content on customers' CMS systems. In this role, you will be supporting the whole content journey from acquiring content for the website, through content preparation and entry, to its publication online (and beyond).
While you won’t be tasked with creating content, you will need to work closely with our Technical Engineering team, our QA Analysts, Project Manager and our client side content teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Gather, organize and process digital asset / content to work templates for our client's website platform migration (from legacy to new)
- Preparing templates to be ready for migration and storing them in Atlassian tools or other chosen destination
- Creating authoring templates in the CMS defining the default authoring settings for site areas and content items
- Upload and Enter digital assets like text, image and video on the new CMS platform using the authoring guides
- Time-to-time create CMS authoring guide and participate in training of the client-side Content Team
- Develop and document processes to ensure consistent use of the CMS
- Post-go-live CMS content management support
- Troubleshoot CMS issues and ensure that tools are functioning properly for the team’s use
- Ensure that content processes are effective and suggest improvements to content management and publishing in general
What we will expect from you:
- A 1-2 years of experience in content management
- Experience with one or more content management systems (CMS) like Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, Drupal, Contentful, WordPress or Sitefinity
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good English skills
What you can expect:
- Remote work opportunity (3 times a week if you live in Budapest)
- International projects
- Diverse teams
- International and inhouse training possibilities
- Kid and dog-friendly office 😊
- Annual team building days
- Fun events
- Award-winning office
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. iLearn isour learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.