Strategy Director Dutch Speaking
Strategy Director Dutch Speaking
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
A T-shaped person with knowledge of branding, communications, insights, technology, and media.
A digital native with a CX-mindset and design thinking skill with a passion for branding and creative work. But most of all the drive to bring out the best in, and in other people.
Client relations and collaboration
- Be the strategic lead for several national and international clients
- Understand client questions, identify the question behind the questions, turn this into a methodological approach and scope, identify and onboard different experts to work on the project
- Keep up-to-date with our audience’s preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns
- Inspire clients and colleagues with the latest trends (cultural, technological, case studies, market evolutions, etc.)
Team and people management
- Lead the local strategy team; lead team meetings. Be the point of contact for all issues relating your team.
- Make sure your team has the right capabilities: evaluate, inspire, and grow capabilities. Collaborate with client leads and your team to find out what capabilities are necessary and need to be developed. Work together with the Benelux strategy team to get your team inspired, to develop capabilities and decide on training plans. Tap into the knowledge and inspiration of the Emea strategy team.
- Work together with client leads and your team to put the right person, with the right capabilities, on the right job. Reach out to the Benelux strategy team if additional expertise is needed.
- Decide on staffing in agreement with the business leads and Benelux strategy leadership.
- Set up a market research approach, interpret market research while also hunting for additional (digital) data sources to generate extra relevant insights.
- Perform and/or interpret depth-interviews and ethnographic research
- Perform and/or interpret competitive research
- Research products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities
- Keep an eye on cultural and social trends and tensions relevant to the business
- Define the business challenge
- Define the human challenge and jobs to be done
- Come up with research-driven compelling human and cultural insights
- Develop go-to-market, brand communication, experience (customer journey), digital and social strategies, including precise recommendations based on market opportunities which can be translated into local action plans
- Present and discuss key insights and innovative strategies in meetings with existing and potential clients
Creation, production and Implementation
- Work closely with account management and creative teams to brainstorm ideas and ensure each creative approach is on strategy
- Guide the client and be the guardian of the strategy during the implementation of new go-to-market, brand, communication or experience strategies
- Ensure global campaigns are relevant to the local market
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Comprehensive understanding of brand strategy, branding, digital strategy, digital transformation, marketing, omnichannel, media concepts and service design
- Is experienced in developing go-to-market, marketing, brand, experience and creative strategies using both traditional and new channels
- You possess strong analytical skills. You can understand and interpret the latest brand tracker as well as the most recent Google Analytics report. You have demonstrated experience in the use of measurement and tracking tools within all digital channels. You are able to incorporate these results into strategies, creative briefs and local cultural roadmaps
- Strong client-facing skills
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience in working closely with both account and creative teams
- Successful track-record of managing multiple client assignments simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of primary and secondary research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thinks user-centric and knows how to apply design-thinking to projects
- Straightforward and direct
- Clear communicator
- Focused on collaboration and idea sharing
- Builds to consensus
- Fair and respectful
- Active listener
- Open to people and new ideas
- Pursues personal growth by embracing challenges
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Over 10 years’ relevant experience in advertising or marketing
- Experience as strategist in market research, brand positioning, integrated brand communication, digital marketing & transformation, content marketing and social media
- An enthusiastic team.
- An ambitious agency. Wunderman Thompson's mission is not without reason: we inspire growth for ambitious brands
- An inspiring environment. We look out over the Amstel from perhaps the most beautiful place in Amsterdam. With colleagues who are passionate about getting the best out of themselves and each other
- An inclusive culture. We love differences. Because the best solutions arise when you look at them from different perspectives
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.