Group Account Director
Group Account Director
Department: Client Services
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
The Group Account Director is one of the highest points of contact for Client. Drives insightful communications strategies and creative. Is proactive on the Clients business, overseeing the activation of effective communication campaigns cost effectively and timeously.
Oversees the activities of AD/AM /AE’s in all areas of the account and ensures quality creative and strategy. Develops skills base within the immediate team and builds strong and enduring client-agency working relationships.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Leads the team including strategic planning and creative, considering all communication disciplines of which they must have a good working knowledge (following correct processes and procedures)
• Leads the resolution of issues and generating ideas to business planning process
• Develops and drives key account plan to build and maintain effective working relationships with others to deliver effective client service
• Manages Client business from a business building approach vs Client Servicing
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the client’s business, including competitive activity, local and global industry, and consumer trends
• Leads meetings and delivers presentations
• Leads integrated communication strategy development process – contributes, participates, and implements strategy
• Leads communication research process
• Leads creative development process, writes creative briefs and briefs creative, evaluates creative concepts
• Challenges brief where necessary
• Leads implementation of production and delivery of communication activities
• Leads brand office administration and communication – call reports, weekly status
• Responsible for Client profitability, and entire financial process on Accounts incl. monthly reporting
• Delivers creative excellence to the client
• Ultimately responsible for overall team delivery, HR responsibilities training, mentorship, performance management, disciplinary etc.
• Ultimately responsible for Client/Agency relationship
• Leads the identification of proactive opportunities with future financial reward
• Open to and active in sharing knowledge/intelligence
• Contribute by effecting innovation that builds a positive agency culture, and actively foster or participate in fostering a positive work environment
• Project forecasting and budget management / oversight
• Strategies and plans implemented to achieve objectives
• Account Profitability and cost efficiencies achieved
• Successful development and achievement of KAP deliverables
• Integrated offerings are used effectively on Clients business
• Overall efficient Account Management
• A brand ambassador for the Agency
• Brand management or marketing communications diploma or degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 7 – 10 years in marketing communications client services role – strategy, research, or marketing
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.