Junior Digital Designer
Junior Digital Designer
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Receive briefs and be able to interpret and creatively execute work according to Clients specified requirements to the best of your abilities, whilst staying true to the brand and meeting Clients’ expectations.
Work within a team, collaborating with other designers, copywriters, project management and web masters.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Receive briefs and be able to process client needs from information given, asking for explanation or clarity if needed.
- Design for mixed mediums, in particular website, paid media and social media.
- Work with a greater team of mixed disciplines.
- Able to effectively manage own time and be responsible toward given deadlines.
- Able to receive constructive criticism in a positive and receptive manner.
- Be excited about improving skills and knowledge.
- Accurately log time on a weekly basis.
- Ability to interpret and execute creative briefs.
- Have a good relationship with team members.
- Work accurately, and within allocated time.
- Accurate and diligent logging of administration
- Graphic design degree
- 1-2 years industry experience
- Enthusiasm, passion and a creative flare
Nice to haves:
- Experience/Knowledge of HTML coding
- UI knowledge
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- bonus Adobe Indesign
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.