Project Manager (junior)
Project Manager (junior)
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a collaborative Project Manager to join the team developing impactful work for an automotive brand. Reporting to the Program Director, you will work closely with the account management team to direct and manage interactive projects from beginning to end, ensuring they are developed and executed to meet agency standards and client expectations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Determine and document project deliverables, risks, timelines, and budgets. Create and maintain project plans throughout the project lifecycle. Forecast upcoming work. Lead daily stand-ups with the project team. Communicate progress to internal and client teams. Manage workload through JIRA. Attend brainstorms, client meetings and briefings. Proactively identify project conflicts and resource gaps and resolve accordingly.
- People | Liaise with Resource Manager and creative teams to secure internal resources. Collaborate with account management and senior stakeholders to develop and execute interactive marketing and creative strategy. Participate in leading teams in production feasibility, technical requirements, costs, and timing effects.
- Work | Apply and maintain best practice methodologies. Establish, maintain, and ensure quality interactive solutions are provided to clients.
- Financials | Partner with finance teams to manage WIP’s, freelancer budgets, and timesheets. Monitor actual vs estimated hours for each team member; proactively highlight when there is a discrepancy.
Who you are:
- Self-Starter | Proactive, positive, and adaptable with a problem-solving approach.
- A builder | Ability to bring people, processes, and systems together. Drive projects and resource management from unknowns to clarity. Negotiate what is best for all projects.
- Agile | A get-things-done attitude. You dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You anticipate requirements and manage expectations.
- Collaborative and focused | Work well with different teams. Place an importance on the details with a desire for excellence.
What you’ll need:
- 1 to 2 years of experience project managing digital projects required; experience working in a creative/digital agency an asset.
- Experience managing and delivering landing pages and/or microsites.
- Experience delivering medium to complex projects from start to completion including project scoping and resource management.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet and JIRA.
- Calm and patient under pressure.
What we offer:
- Passionate, driven people | We champion a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
- Consciously cultivated culture | We aim to embody the behaviours to build an inclusive community that is in it together, bringing both positivity and active listening into the workplace as we simultaneously strive to empower creative bravery.
- Competitive benefits | What we offer full time hires ranges from the full spectrum of group health coverage options (medical, dental, vision) and a variety of paid time off offerings that reflect our investment in all aspects of your overall life balance and wellness.
- Growth-minded opportunities | We aim to nurture a culture of real-time feedback, growth-oriented mindset, and plenty of training opportunities through Wunderman Thompson and WPP, so you can continue to grow personally and professionally.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.