Senior PR & Marketing Manager
Senior PR & Marketing Manager
Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior PR and Marketing Manager you will be the key figure building Wunderman Thompson’s reputation within the industry, our clients, and our talent.
You will need to be a self-starter and be prepared to interface with all departments in the agency to hunt out marketing stories, garner the support of others to launch new initiatives and build a pipeline that will drive growth and value for our clients and new business pipeline.
The right candidate will need to possess bags of energy and drive and demonstrate a passion for developing the agency and new business. Outstanding organisational skills are an absolute essential – as are forward planning and attention to detail. The ability to manage complex workloads and absolute adherence to deadlines are key.
- Public relations: oversee the creation of media releases and content on social media, forge relationships with journalists and manage the response to 'crisis' situations. You’ll be the face of Wunderman Thompson and write press releases on relevant topics
- Profile building: you will need to identify opportunities to help raise the profiles of our talent, employer branding is the key to attract new talents in our business
- Industry events to support the profile building you will also be expected to look for speaking opportunities, identifying the right platforms, topics and ways to involve our clients
- Client marketing: you will be expected to work closely with the clients leads to ensure that we are helping to deliver against their account plans. For example, is the thought-leadership supporting their efforts?
- Global and regional: you will need to work closely with the global marketing team to support global initiatives, driving them locally but also get their support on marketing activity we are developing
- Sister agencies: Wunderman Thompson Group has several agencies (Data, Commerce and Technology) we would need you to work closely with them to support their marketing efforts as well as feed any relevant information back into the agency
- Internal & external communication: sending out mailings to clients, as well as to your colleagues to keep them up to date
Who you are:
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You have at least 8 years of experience as a marketing and PR manager
- A creative and strategic thinker who’s passionate about spotting, generating and launching new ideas
- Has a growth mindset to ensure marketing streams fuel net new and organic growth objectives
- A deep understanding and appreciation of on and offline marketing channels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Powers of persuasion, charisma: able to act as a relationship builder
- Tactful and flexible in dealing with different cultures (geographical and corporate)
- Keen to contribute to a fun and progressive environment
- Seeks continuously to improve the work of the team
- Proven ability to manage senior internal stakeholders and external partners
- Ability to think on your feet and find a solution that might not be the obvious route at first
What you’ll get from us:
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- A team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere that encourages debate and teamwork
- We are part of the WPP Network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.