Account Director, Freelance
Account Director, Freelance
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Account Director with automotive experience to guide one of our clients across brand strategy, digital customer experience, analytics + reporting, and innovation. The Account Director will be a true partner to our client with an intimate understanding of clients' goals and needs – in order to anticipate what their needs will be and how WT can serve them.
You will uphold strategic top-level relationships helping to guide our clients with knowledge and solutions appropriate for their business, industries and trends, while maintaining overall client satisfaction and collaborating with key team members across disciplines to deliver the highest quality work.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with our most senior clients to help set the strategic marketing agenda and oversee the translation of the client’s vision into a roadmap that guides our agency on how to not only achieve client goals, but also generates work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. Confidently navigate a complex client hierarchy and be able to deeply embed and invest in building powerful client relationships built on mutual benefit across the organization. Craft growth strategies, concepts and business development blueprints for client value. Be pro-active in assessing client needs and demands and delivering added value to the client wherever possible. Become a subject matter expert in client’s field; speaking clearly to the competitive landscape, products, services, trends and brand positions within the client’s business. Provide clear instruction as to the goals and objectives through any campaign or creative endeavor with specific guidance and performance measures.
- Team | Serve as agency champion. Manage, inspire and motivate project teams across multiple agencies, internally and externally. Partner with Project Management, Creative, Strategy and Marketing Science teams to elevate the caliber of the work and client relationship. Develop and grow client relationships across key stakeholders. Assess and recommend tactics and strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations and enhancing the value of agency to the client. Build a cohesive team across agency partners, departments, disciplines and agency offices where relevant. Mentor and grow direct reports to be stronger strategically, tactically and interpersonally. Mentor and develop direct reports; identify employee goals and conduct performance reviews
- Process | Drive profitability at scale within the teams and as WT sells in new offerings. Find innovative ways to build new best practices. help build an engagement process between the agency and client which helps the client unlock the value in the agency and vice versa.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 8 years of client services experience in a digital and/or creative agency, or communications environment.
- Automotive experience required.
- Deep experience concepting, designing and building enterprise websites
- Comfortable, conversant, and convincing across brand and strategy, digital, social, and innovation.
- Well versed in website reporting and analytics to work with Marketing Science team to bring thoughtful analysis to clients.
- Experience and a proven approach to building relationships that result in new, profitable revenue opportunities as well as driving incremental growth on existing work.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and collaborate in a team-oriented multi-agency workplace, fostering career growth for the individuals on their project teams.
- Outstanding ability to lead, convince and inspire in a client-service environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.