Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson New York is seeking a Senior Strategist for a new global B2B technology client across North America. This is a unique opportunity for an integrated strategist to be part of a fast growing team to help build a brand from the ground up. You’ll have an innate curiosity in technology, developing strategy and tactics that leverage category and consumer insights, while cultivating a portfolio of excellent work.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy Delivery | Under the Strategy Lead, support account leadership to translate our client’s vision into a roadmap that will achieve client goals. Interpret client briefs for our creative teams, develop insightful, perspectives on new platforms, messaging and audiences, bring context to reporting and drive our client’s business forward through best practice strategy delivery.
- Data Analysis | Dig in to data from a variety of sources: audience data, market data, cultural and social trends monitoring, products and services research, qualitative and quantitative methods, to support creative strategy recommendations, gain insights into target audiences and test ad concepts.
- Collaborate | Work with the creative and account management teams to ensure all client deliverables are flawlessly executed and on-strategy. Contribute intelligence analysis, KPIs, and program measurement to extract key observations and nuances that can inspire creative and lead to innovative, exciting solutions for our client’s business.
Who you are:
- A builder | Innovator with a desire to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- A team player | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years in an integrated strategic planning role with B2B preferred.
- A positive attitude and capacity for thinking above and beyond the client’s initial ask.
- A self-starter approach and true sense of ownership regarding work at each point of delivery.
- Technology experience preferred. Or if no tech experience, a proven curiosity and willingness to dive deep into complex categories.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines. The ability to think on your feet and an eagerness to think outside the box.
- Ability to work autonomously knowing when to engage the Strategy Lead and greater integrated team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; you will be face-to-face with clients and internal departments at their busiest moments.
- Technically proficient in presentation planning and development.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.