Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who is Team WPP?
As modern marketing has accelerated in both its complexity and pace, businesses need partners who they can trust to deliver depth and breadth at speed. This pressing need has driven the development of an industry-leading partnership in the form of Team WPP, a network-wide team built to inspire growth for the most ambitious brands in the world. Using end-to-end solutions at a global scale, our entrepreneurial spirit infuses creativity with emerging technology to deliver revolutionary results.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 talented people in 112 countries. Our company creates transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organizations - from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Coca-Cola, HSBC and the UN.
Team WPP for Audible
Following the kick-off of an exciting new engagement, Team WPP is thrilled to partner with Audible in their mission of igniting the world’s imagination through premium audio storytelling. To make that possible, Team WPP have been appointed to bring the Audible mission to life through the most dynamic channel of all – social. We will be supporting their social media transformation across ten markets (in the Americas, EU, and APAC) and over 30+ channels (incl. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok). Through social, Audible aims to create a larger and more inspired community of fans across the globe.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to champion digital and social work across multiple social platforms. This is a unique opportunity to work with a newly acquired client to help shape their business and brand.
The Senior Project Manager will understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and help to set and manage expectations internally and with clients. You must have a strong creative sensibility, a genuine interest in the digital and social media landscapes, and an understanding of content production for all social channels. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials to successfully deliver excellent work.
- Deliver work that is on time, on budget and when appropriate, goes beyond the brief
- You will be responsible for executing plans and processes that drive projects forward and ensure successful delivery with high client satisfaction
- Motivate, direct, and challenge teams to produce great work. You will help to manage cross-functional teams that are collaborative, efficient, and high-functioning
- Help to establish and manage project communication and process. Utilize appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across agency and client teams
- Involvement in project estimation, scheduling, planning, and profitability. You will maintain detailed project plans; manage resource allocations; and report on project status, burn rates, budgets, and appropriate reconciliations to agency and client stakeholders
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 6 years of experience in advertising or marketing communications, ideally at a creative/digital agency with a focus on digital, social, content, and video
- Experience driving creative solutions and digital/social content creation
- Familiar with agile methodologies a plus
- Knowledge of digital, social and mobile content creation and requirements for different channels
- Exposure to large-scale projects with multiple workstreams and diverse teams a plus
- Comfortable leading some team or client meetings; ability to tailor communications based on audience and level
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work
- Experienced with large complex accounts
- Optimistic and collaborative
- Process-oriented with a strong point of view and distinct voice
- Ability and appetite to bring people together to create and inspire solutions
- Detail oriented, sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- A keen sense of urgency, keeping projects on track and on time while actively managing all stakeholders’ expectations throughout the process
- A strong communicator with superior presentation skills and excellent communication and analytical skills
- Influences without authority and helps to foster an environment of shared accountability
Team WPP embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide creative agency that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more brilliant work we can create together.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.