Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who is Team WPP?
As modern marketing has accelerated in both its complexity and pace, businesses need partners who they can trust to deliver depth and breadth at speed. This pressing need has driven the development of an industry-leading partnership in the form of Team WPP, a network-wide team built to inspire growth for the most ambitious brands in the world. Using end-to-end solutions at a global scale, our entrepreneurial spirit infuses creativity with emerging technology to deliver revolutionary results.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 100,000 talented people in 112 countries. Our company creates transformative ideas and outcomes for its clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce and technology. WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organizations - from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Coca-Cola, HSBC and the UN.
Team WPP for Audible
Following the kick-off of an exciting new engagement, Team WPP is thrilled to partner with Audible in their mission of igniting the world’s imagination through premium audio storytelling. To make that possible, Team WPP have been appointed to bring the Audible mission to life through the most dynamic channel of all – social. We will be supporting their social media transformation across ten markets (in the Americas, EU, and APAC) and over 30+ channels (incl. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok). Through social, Audible aims to create a larger and more inspired community of fans across the globe.
We are looking for Copywriters. The ones that are obsessed with content. The kinds of stuff people love to like, share, and comment on. Passionate story tellers that want to give brands their voice, their personality. The ones that live, breathe, eat, and sleep culture and entertainment. The ones who want to shake things up.
Sound like you? This is a unique opportunity to work with a newly acquired client to build their brand in social. Looking for a dedicated Copywriter who wants to give voice to a brand. A Copywriter who understands how to build a brand’s personality across digital and social. The one who is super-plugged into what is going on in culture, especially the entertainment world and want to shake it up. An individual who loves to get hands dirty and make stuff with ability to react to the speed of the internet.
Reporting to the creative leads, you will help to concept and create content across social platforms. You will work closely with the wider strategy, account, and creative teams to ensure we are delivering best-in-class social media content, helping to create campaigns that standout for our client. While your executional focus should be on social media, you should be integrated and a conceptual thinker.
Creating impactful, objective driven content for our client that goes beyond brief when appropriate.
· Developing a unique brand TOV and visual style that will extend across all platforms. From post copy to longer form storytelling.
· Coming up with insightful and relevant content ideas every day that build the brand’s presence and personality across social.
· Working with a wide range of existing static imagery - from a collection of photography, illustrations, etc. - and turning them into content assets built for specific platforms and audiences.
· Collaborating with creative, account and strategy teams to create and alter video, photography and streaming stories, etc.
Skills and Experience Required:
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience in advertising, ideally at a creative/digital agency with a focus on digital, social, content, and video
· Experience working in branded social/digital with examples of social copywriting and content creation.
· Proficiency in brand TOV.
· Someone who can make miracles from existing assets as well as create from scratch.
· Shows incredible passion and experience in creating content across social media platforms.
· Ideally uses and creates on social media in their personal life.
· Working knowledge of standard industry software.
· A collaborative spirit always open to tackle rapid turnaround times, capture trending moments, and deliver and receive feedback, all while keeping a positive and proactive attitude.
· Collaborative team player, open minded, transparent and non-political
· Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, design, and business
· Self-starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
· Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen, learn and adapt
· Energized by doing the right thing for our clients; solution and results focused
· Positive, enthusiastic, unflappable
· Strong motivation and drive to succeed
Team WPP embraces and celebrates diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide creative agency that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more brilliant work we can create together.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.