Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
The Wunderman Thompson Performance Marketing team is looking for a Strategy Manager who plays a key role in our Performance Marketing office by leading key client(s) and teams to deliver digital solutions and opportunities that drive performance and resonance with target audiences for our clients. This role also acts as a strategy lead on a key client account by setting the north star strategy, lays the data and insights-driven groundwork and builds a strategic framework for brilliant media and communication plans to be built, executed and optimized by media, SEO, content and tech teams.
The role reports directly to the Director, of Strategy and is accountable for revenue and the work that is produced across their clients and ensuring the work is following the consistent processes that have been defined.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Lead strategic planning for dynamic accounts; play a key role in building trusted relationships with clients
- Frame insights, solutions and opportunities with an eye toward innovative solutions
- Lead development of “the who, the where and the how” to build brilliant and effective campaigns for our clients
- Support media, content, creative or CX development from discovery to execution
- Develop creative and media briefs that are anchored in strong insights and clearly articulate the human problem and the data insights behind the business problem
- Conduct audience target/profiling analysis
- Perform competitive assessment
- Initiate and lead Qual and Quant research from start to finish, including writing up findings
- Create thoughtful and expressive strategies to focus and inspire our media, content and creative teams
- Collaborate closely with Media, Creative, Data and CX Leads to ensure effective translation from strategy into final work.
- Responsible for demonstrating an understanding of consumer behaviors within digital media, and a working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business including TV, digital, social, experiential, print, OOH, and search
- Showcase an understanding of digital, social and emerging platforms and technologies
- Participate and or lead internal project briefings, media plan and creative reviews on allocated client projects to champion the strategic viewpoint and ensure that all work is in line with the agreed strategy.
- Minimum 5 years of strategy experience at advertising, digital and/ or creative agencies or consultancy
- Understanding of strategy experience in an advertising, digital and media agency
- Experience with integrated advertising campaigns across multiple media channels and the ability to demonstrate its impact on the brand
- Strong experience analyzing data, campaign performance and an understanding of the role analytics plays in selling and measuring ideas
- Experience in co-facilitating or facilitating workshops
- Comfortable with working with cross functional teams
- Multi-category/industry experience with B2B a plus
- Solid presentation skills to mid and senior leadership and can tell an inspiring, compelling story
- Comfortable with client facing discussion
- A clear point of view and confidence in it, while having the openness and interest to listen to clients and teammate's perspectives
- Experience and ability to mentor and inspire younger talent
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Note: We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.