Despite dominating a number of categories, popular home essentials brand Reynolds was facing a barrage of strong competition on Amazon. When they needed to prove internally that investing in Amazon at scale across all sub-brands was the right approach, they turned to Wunderman Thompson Commerce.
Helping Reynolds win on Amazon
We devised a strategy that took advantage of sales opportunities that competitors working on short-term planning cycles routinely missed.
We drew up a multi-faceted, long-term advertising strategy design that included:
- Balancing broad and product-specific advertising across a number of campaigns
- Building a set of relevant search terms using third-party and internal tools
- Executing daily bid management at the keyword level, also using automated internal tools
- Implementing a set of robust targets for spend, return on spend and CPM specific to each sub-brand’s market position
- In the space of a year, Reynolds saw a seven-fold increase in sales generated by Amazon PPC advertising
- Return on ad spend increased three-fold
- These returns were underpinned by significant cost savings, as we achieved a CPM approximately one third of the average for Google Ads and half the average for all display advertising
En 1 chiffre
Sales generated by Amazon PPC advertising
En 1 chiffre
Return on ad spend