Cannabis is undergoing a massive rebrand, shedding its stoner image to become part of a chic, wellness-forward lifestyle.
Today, one in five American adults has access to legal marijuana. Cannabis has proved an economic boon, with Colorado processing $1 billion in sales in just the first eight months of 2017. The industry is poised to create a quarter of a million jobs by 2020, according to a New Frontier Data report—more than manufacturing, utilities, or the federal government.
The rapid rise in spending and large compound annual growth in the cannabis industry has been compared to the rapid penetration of cable TV in the 1990s and broadband internet in the 2000s. Will cannabis have the same far-reaching effect on society as these two game-changers?
This 50-page report includes:
- Six in-depth sector analysis, including lifestyle, retail and beauty
- Interviews with experts and entrepreneurs in the field
- How high-end cannabis is shaping the luxury landscape
- Why women are powerful forces in the cannabis industry
- Packaging trends in food and beauty