Voice technology is sweeping the world, as assistants like Amazon’s Alexa and smart speakers like China’s LingLong DingDong capture our imagination. The opportunity is ripe for global businesses to get immersed in the voice-activated world.
Speak Easy Global is a trends and insight report carried out in equal partnership between J. Walter Thompson Innovation Group London and Mindshare Futures. Our research comprised several methodologies, spanning nine countries (UK, US, Germany, Spain, Thailand, Japan, Australia, China and Singapore) and covered the period January 2017 to June 2017.
This report includes:
- A quantitative survey of 6,780 global respondents using Kantar and SONAR™, J. Walter Thompson’s proprietary market research tool
- Qualitative research in Shanghai consisting of a self-ethnography project and two focus groups with a total of 12 participants, conducted in partnership with Kantar and Beijing Linglong Tech Co. who provided DingDong home smart speakers for the participants
- Corresponding qualitative research in the UK consisting of a self-ethnography project with 31 participants and two focus groups of 12 participants
- A neuroscience experiment of 102 smartphone users and Amazon shoppers conducted in partnership with Neuro-Insight using Steady-State Topography (SST) brain imaging technology
- In-depth interviews with global experts across sectors including artificial intelligence, neuroscience, marketing, sound design, and radio
- Extensive desk research that synthesizes international cross-category case studies