Despite dominating a number of categories, popular home essentials brand Reynolds was facing a barrage of strong competition on Amazon. When they needed to prove internally that investing in Amazon at scale across all sub-brands was the right approach, they turned to Wunderman Thompson Commerce.
Helping Reynolds win on Amazon
We devised a strategy that took advantage of sales opportunities that competitors working on short-term planning cycles routinely missed.
We drew up a multi-faceted, long-term advertising strategy design that included:
- Balancing broad and product-specific advertising across a number of campaigns
- Building a set of relevant search terms using third-party and internal tools
- Executing daily bid management at the keyword level, also using automated internal tools
- Implementing a set of robust targets for spend, return on spend and CPM specific to each sub-brand’s market position
- In the space of a year, Reynolds saw a seven-fold increase in sales generated by Amazon PPC advertising
- Return on ad spend increased three-fold
- These returns were underpinned by significant cost savings, as we achieved a CPM approximately one third of the average for Google Ads and half the average for all display advertising
In het kort
Sales generated by Amazon PPC advertising
In het kort
Return on ad spend